Ugh...USA Basketball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ugh...USA Basketball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:58 pm

LBJackal wrote:You Americans are sore losers....

Blah. Blah. Blah. Go figure. A Canadian calling us whiners...

"Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony." - Morpheus
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cafe_58 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:41 pm

It happens in all sports. When team Canada - the hockey team for you Americans - loses, we talk about the officiating like anybody else. I don't understand why Amazinz think it's ironic that a Canadian is calling an American a whinner though............ :-?
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby Amazinz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:58 pm

Well I left a smiley out of that post. It was meant more as a joke and a (good-natured) jab at Jackal. Jackal is constantly whining about Americans. Maybe an American beat him as a child. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:55 pm

LBJackal wrote:You Americans are sore losers.... two teams that you should have destroyed beat you, and that's just the way it is. Crying about bad reffing is taking it like a bitch. They didn't foul Lituania at the end of the game, they couldn't because they kept passing the ball around. The only time they fouled was the one that was called. They had to make sure the guy had the ball because a foul off the ball is 2 shots plus possession I believe. Like a flagrant foul. So what if they missed the call on Marbury.... it was a borderline foul at best and they needed 4 points. You still would have lost.
Canadians cry the same way when their hockey team chokes. The reffing is bad, but the game should have never been close enough where it should matter. Tim Duncan is the only guy who should be on this team.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KULCAT » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:46 am

Well it just got a lot better for USA as they defeat they previously undefeated Spain 101-90. Funny thing i was reading this thread about all the crying about refs and new rules etc... Dude you couldnt try to be a worst sore loser than Spain. I live in Madrid although im not Spanish and let me tell you something, Spain is the biggest sports choker of all time. This guys are the Philadelphia Eagles of team sports. Always as talented as anyone and then they fail like it was the 11° commandment. What a bunch of sore losers. They guys in TV were talking about how the system should be changed so that the numer one seed goes directly to the semifinals and how the ref screw them up blablabla. Spain´s coach refused to shake hands with Larry Brown!!! and went on to yell at the refs.
This should teach some people here that there is no anti-american refering, just bad calls. Spain got a lot of wrong calls agaisnt them but in the end they lost because they underestimated the US
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:41 pm

Wow we actually won against a decent team ;-)
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby blankman » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:58 am

KULCAT wrote:Well it just got a lot better for USA as they defeat they previously undefeated Spain 101-90. Funny thing i was reading this thread about all the crying about refs and new rules etc... Dude you couldnt try to be a worst sore loser than Spain. I live in Madrid although im not Spanish and let me tell you something, Spain is the biggest sports choker of all time. This guys are the Philadelphia Eagles of team sports. Always as talented as anyone and then they fail like it was the 11° commandment. What a bunch of sore losers. They guys in TV were talking about how the system should be changed so that the numer one seed goes directly to the semifinals and how the ref screw them up blablabla. Spain´s coach refused to shake hands with Larry Brown!!! and went on to yell at the refs.
This should teach some people here that there is no anti-american refering, just bad calls. Spain got a lot of wrong calls agaisnt them but in the end they lost because they underestimated the US

I personally did not see this game, but I know the foul calls, numerically speaking, were again heavily against the Americans. This is not to say they weren't warranted, but it is a continuation of what I have seen. I can tell you that in the Lithuania game there were many awful calls, but there's nothing we can do about them. Its good to see the Americans finally shoot well and play better defense. Its just too bad that so many, even in our own country, want them to lose :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:17 pm

Did anyone see Jason Whitlock's article about USA basketball on ESPN Page2 yesterday? I don't completely agree with him but it is a very good article.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby perlick29 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:20 pm

Well, here we go: It's Argentina today, and the US finds themselves down by 4 at the end of the first quarter. Don't know if Ginobli and them will continue to lead but let's hope for the best for the US.

I guess this could go into the game commentary forum now.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:44 pm

KULCAT wrote:Well it just got a lot better for USA as they defeat they previously undefeated Spain 101-90. Funny thing i was reading this thread about all the crying about refs and new rules etc... Dude you couldnt try to be a worst sore loser than Spain. I live in Madrid although im not Spanish and let me tell you something, Spain is the biggest sports choker of all time. This guys are the Philadelphia Eagles of team sports. Always as talented as anyone and then they fail like it was the 11° commandment. What a bunch of sore losers. They guys in TV were talking about how the system should be changed so that the numer one seed goes directly to the semifinals and how the ref screw them up blablabla. Spain´s coach refused to shake hands with Larry Brown!!! and went on to yell at the refs.

the spanish coach didn't shake hands with larry brown because of the timeout thing at the end of the game. larry brown should have not called timeout, that was not a classy move by him and i can understand why the spanish coach didn't shake hands, however i don't think it was right for him not to do that. as for him yelling at the officials, u know, the loser will always whine about the officiating, it happens in every sport all the time.

okay, second problem. hehehe. i don't think spain underestimated the US, the americans have a better team and eventhough they haven't been playing well, they still have the superior team in the olympics. if the US plays what everyone knows they can play, it's gold for sure, reaching that level is anothe issue.

third problem. choking. i think there is a problem with this concept. people say that other choke cuz they didn't win when they were supposed to. this becomes evident especially at the olympics. i won't talk about the US cuz they win so many medals that it doesn't matter if they lose a medal or two, but countries that don't win that many medal and go to the olympics with high hopes in few events say their athletes choked if they don't win the gold when they were favorite. take canada as an example. perdita felicien was suppose to win gold in the women's 110m hurdles, but she fell on the first hurdle, and there is a sense in canada that the pressure got to her, the whole country was watching and she was supposed to bring the gold to canada. s**t happens. that's what might be happening with spain, because they don't win 50 medal each olympics the press starts saying that they choked and so on.

half time now. argentina up by 5 :-o
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk