Ugh...USA Basketball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ugh...USA Basketball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KULCAT » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:56 pm

Lituania just beat the US 94-90. Lituania has also beaten Puerto Rico. Along with Spain they look the favorites to win the Gold
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cafe_58 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:59 pm

Number 13 on Lituania was just awesome. Made a huge 4-point play by baiting Odom to foul him on a three-pointer and continued to pour the threes on the Americans. Next time the Americans send a team, do you think they'll favor shooters over athletes? Richard Jefferson was their "ace" three point shooter down the stretch. If only Redd, Allen, or Carter was there.............
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby perlick29 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:59 pm

Did that eliminate the US?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KULCAT » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:13 pm

No, they will probably go through as the third seed in the group(4 from each group advance), i dont think theyll lose to Angola but i dont see them winning any medals
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby KolbSaves » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:15 pm

the refereeing is still really unbelievable...

but the failure to guard the guy that nailed three three pointers in a row was what did us in.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cafe_58 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:18 pm

The referring is different and not as good as the NBA referring, but in the end, the same referring applies to both of the teams. I think it's the American's fault for not adapting to the referring. I can understand it's hard though, since they're been conditioned to the NBA rules.
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby jumpman8288 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:49 pm

There was one play in the second quarter that just friggin' blew my mind. Lithuania was on offense and one of the guys (lol I don't know which) got the ball out side and was being guarded by Duncan. As soon as he got the ball, Duncan backed away into the paint and gave him the widest-open shot I'd seen all game, and of course, he sank it. What the hell is that?
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KULCAT » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:47 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:There was one play in the second quarter that just friggin' blew my mind. Lithuania was on offense and one of the guys (lol I don't know which) got the ball out side and was being guarded by Duncan. As soon as he got the ball, Duncan backed away into the paint and gave him the widest-open shot I'd seen all game, and of course, he sank it. What the hell is that?

Bad scouting
Larry Brown: Tim, Dont let Zarunas Sekulanris(i just made that up) get you on one of one's, just back away and dont let him go through
Tim Duncan: uhhh... ok... but wouldnt that give him a wide open shot?
Larry Brown: C´mmon, he´s from Lituania. Whats he gonna do? Start shooting 3´s and beat us hahahahaha
Tim Duncan: Yeah that was silly of me hahahaha
Whole team: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Michael Redd: Must.... get... off... couch!!!

{edit BBCode...DHC}
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby blankman » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:38 pm

cafe_58 wrote:The referring is different and not as good as the NBA referring, but in the end, the same referring applies to both of the teams. I think it's the American's fault for not adapting to the referring. I can understand it's hard though, since they're been conditioned to the NBA rules.

That's not the case though. The reffing is surely bad but it is also surely anti-US. There are so many examples of times we were called on bogus fouls, while the other team got away with an incredible amount of moving picks, and even grabbing a player to keep him from getting around a pick. Two examples of the awful reffing were obvious at the end of the game:

1. Lithuania inbounds and the US needs to foul to get the ball back. Iverson blatantly fouls the first guy to get the ball. No call. Next guy gets the ball. We foul him. No call. Finally with only 4 or so seconds left in the game and after we practically run someone over, a foul is called.

2. Marbury takes it coast to coast and is blatantly fouled as he put up a layup that missed. It wouldn't have made a difference, but it should be called nonetheless.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LBJackal » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:52 pm

You Americans are sore losers.... two teams that you should have destroyed beat you, and that's just the way it is. Crying about bad reffing is taking it like a bitch. They didn't foul Lituania at the end of the game, they couldn't because they kept passing the ball around. The only time they fouled was the one that was called. They had to make sure the guy had the ball because a foul off the ball is 2 shots plus possession I believe. Like a flagrant foul. So what if they missed the call on Marbury.... it was a borderline foul at best and they needed 4 points. You still would have lost.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk