Remember the Chipper vs Aramis thread? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Remember the Chipper vs Aramis thread?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:29 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Has to score on a double? If he can't make it then he shouldn't be sent. Aramis has produced, sore groin or not. You couldn't say that about Chipper and his hammy earlier. The not moving him up thing is total managerial BS anyways, you know the reason he doesn't is because he is stroking Sosa's ego. He just had to make up another reason for Aramis not hitting 4th.

So says the nervous Aramis Ramirez fantasy owner.

Haha, CubsFan just messing with you. Obviously we disagree on these players.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:31 am

Well in September we will see who has better numbers, and I am quite sure I will win. And since Aramis was picked later then Chipper in most leagues, even better value.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:33 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Well in September we will see who has better numbers, and I am quite sure I will win. And since Aramis was picked later then Chipper in most leagues, even better value.

If we're talking about numbers from here on out, I feel confident...but obviously Aramis's season numbers will be better.

And I agree that Aramis would have been a better draft pick, but Chipper (if acquired during his slump) would have actually been a better value than nearly anyone I can think of at any time.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:37 am

slomo007 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Well in September we will see who has better numbers, and I am quite sure I will win. And since Aramis was picked later then Chipper in most leagues, even better value.

If we're talking about numbers from here on out, I feel confident...but obviously Aramis's season numbers will be better.

And I agree that Aramis would have been a better draft pick, but Chipper (if acquired during his slump) would have actually been a better value than nearly anyone I can think of at any time.
Umm disagree with your last statement and heres my answer to it. Its 2 words.
JOHAN FREAKIN' SANTANA
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:39 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Umm disagree with your last statement and heres my answer to it. Its 2 words.
JOHAN FREAKIN' SANTANA

True, forgot about him. I bought low on him so I definitely shouldn't have forgotten about that. Hey, we agree. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby pibb55 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:58 am

Bad time to make this thread, considering Chippers been stroking it well and Aramis is having injury concerns. When I saw the thread I thought it was gonna be "I told you Chipper would come around", or something of that nature but i guess not. I would also take Chipper from here on out like someone else said.
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:36 am

God even numbers dont convince you. Chipper is declining! But you guys are still in love with him, so you will never realize it.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:40 am

I would take Larry for the rest of the season.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:44 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:God even numbers dont convince you. Chipper is declining! But you guys are still in love with him, so you will never realize it.

right now aramis is better than chipper as aramis is starting to come to his full potential...but saying that, aramis's injury and his manager concerns me greatly....but also stating that chipper is declining is a little overboard for me....the injury has plagued him greatly this year, the first injury he has had since 96 also......now if a healthy chipper does not produce at a 320 ba, 30 hrs, and 110 rbis next year, then i will say he is in decline.....but i believe he will be back strong next year,(and also be a heck of a pick come about 9 or 10 round) as i think aramis will probably be around a 5 or 6 round pick................
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:45 am

slomo007 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:That was pretty biased in the fact that you put down Chippers easily calculated average of 30/100 but didn't put down Aramis, which is .313. This is playing his worse baseball this season in less time, yet he has Chipper beat in average, runs and homers. If he hadnt missed some time, he'd probably be winning in RBIs too. And yet you'd still take Chipper from this year out? Uggh, Slomo, your anti Cub bias is hopelessly uncurable.

Calm down, I added Aramis's average right when I noticed what I did. Check out the other replies...I'm not the one with bias here.

No, you are not the one with the bias Slomo. :-b Id take Chipper for sure for the rest of the season. I understand you want some props for Aramis CubsFan, and you got it. He is having an excellent year, and the Cubs are fortunate to have them. But it really does make more sense to pick Chipper at this point, for the reasons that Slomo said. Chipper is a veteran, he is going to turn up the juice during the playoff push.... hopefully for your sake Aramis will still be playing. And you keep talking about stats so far this season. Those dont mean anything, this discussion is about the rest of the season.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers