Alex Escobar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Alex Escobar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Escobar

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:14 am

Maybe it's just me, but I still root for former Mets prospects. And seeing him get released just shocks me. I wonder if the Mets will try to sign him again, now that the Indians have given up hope.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:19 pm

Just proves that a 'cant miss' prospect i still just a PROSPECT. I hope the same is for Kazmir and we didn't give up a future Cy Young winner :-o
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:46 pm

I'm the same way AA. I follow the Mets farm system as closely as I can and I start to get attached to these guys. I still enjoy seeing guys like Izzy do well as long as it's not against the Mets.

As for Kazmir I hope he does well but I also hope that Peterson works his magic on K.B. and V.Z. If just one of these guys has a Schmidt-like turnaround it really won't matter how well Kazmir does. If both of these guys flop and Kazmir goes on to be a stud this will be a tough pill to swallow for a long time to come.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:38 am

There's just no way I can be on board with the deals. I think they suck. If they wouldn't consider dealing the farm (notably Kazmir) for Soriano, why the hell would they do it for Zambrano. :-t

Next time they should try and deal the 3B for the B-Mets, Rodney Nye. :-]
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 pm

Kazmir for Soriano was never a possibility. Texas wanted Kazmir/Reyes for Soriano.

Also, Soriano didn't want to play for the Mets.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:35 am

alex escobar....a blast from the past..... and i know he was a "prized" prospect back in 2000 or so...but i just never saw it... he was average in all aspects of baseball not great in any of them.... his speed, power, arm was ok, but not great,,,,i think him being in the mets farm system got him more "publicity" than he was worth.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to New York Mets