Any 2Bs coming up in Sept that may be worth picking up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Any 2Bs coming up in Sept that may be worth picking up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any 2Bs coming up in Sept that may be worth picking up

Postby McKay » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:45 pm

My team needs some power at 2B. Trading deadline is approaching.
Just wondering if anyone knows of any 2B that may be called up in September, that has some power and should get playing time?

Thanks for helping!!!
McKay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hawgvike » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:52 pm

rickie weeks MIL, he has a clause in his contract that says he has to be called up in sept
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:08 pm

hawgvike wrote:rickie weeks MIL, he has a clause in his contract that says he has to be called up in sept

I wouldn't count on much production from Weeks as he's hitting only .257 in AA. Chris Burke 2B for the Astros could be called up. I don't really see any 2B that could help a fantasy team this year though.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:42 pm

i know me neither and with the way weeks is playing he might not be called up for a while but mustangs since you seem to know quite a lot about the minors do you know if clint barmes from the rockies is a shortstop or 2nd base cuz im sure that guy could help you out and he might be called up before september
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:56 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:i know me neither and with the way weeks is playing he might not be called up for a while but mustangs since you seem to know quite a lot about the minors do you know if clint barmes from the rockies is a shortstop or 2nd base cuz im sure that guy could help you out and he might be called up before september

I'm pretty sure Clint Barmes is a SS, The Minor League Guru(Hybrid) probably know for sure.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:16 pm

alrite thanx just wondeirng
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby hybrid » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:11 am

ditto, he is a SS
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:53 am

Well, the top 2b in the minors are Alberto Callaspo, Jayson Nix, Robinson Cano, Josh Barfield, Ruben Gotay, Donald Murphy, Victor Diaz, and Fernando Cortez.

Now, clearly Diaz has someone ahead of him in Reyes. Callaspo is sitting behind Adam Kennedy, so he's out. Jayson Nix is hitting .213 this year - even Colorado doesn't need a 2b that badly. Barfield is stuck behind Loretta for the time being. Cortez doesn't have the ability to help you while he's in his prime, really, though he will one day be an everyday player. Let's call these guys "probably nots."

Ruben Gotay is competing with Donnie Murphy, but the Royals really have no one blocking him. His numbers at double-a have been good enough to get called to triple-a, but not the majors. And Murphy is hitting under .250, so he's not getting called up. But lets call Gotay a "maybe."

Now, Robinson Cano is hitting pretty well at triple-A Columbus. He's hitting .294 with little power and no speed, but he's getting on base. And he walks at a pretty good rate. And the Yankees could use him, even if he's just coming off the bench. I think that the Yankees could call him up - I would if I were them. He appears ready - if nothing else, he'll be adequate right now and they can audition him to see if they need to go out and buy Kent next year. Cano is your best bet, in my opinion. Gotay is iffy.

Did I miss anybody?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:11 am

hawgvike wrote:rickie weeks MIL, he has a clause in his contract that says he has to be called up in sept

Not sure where you heard that, maybe you are referring to last year. But the Brewers GM has stated Weeks will not be called up in September and will be attending the AFL.

BTW Callaspo has spent the whole year playing SS, so who knows what future plans the Angels hold for him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:21 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Ruben Gotay is competing with Donnie Murphy, but the Royals really have no one blocking him. His numbers at double-a have been good enough to get called to triple-a, but not the majors. And Murphy is hitting under .250, so he's not getting called up. But lets call Gotay a "maybe."

Gotay has already been called up, he's already played 8 games ;-)
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball