Updated 9/17: 8 more owners needed for new keeper league! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Updated 9/17: 8 more owners needed for new keeper league!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:09 am

George_Foreman wrote:also, what is the capacity we're going for with these leagues? 10? 12? 16? personally, the deeper the better, but i also want to make sure we have good managers who will stay with their teams, so targeting for 12 would be fine, imo.

The goal seems to be 12 or 14 teams, depending on demand. We seem to be slowing down now, but again, we have much time to find the necessary amount. No worries, but spread the word!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RubbaBandMan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:17 am

question: how many seasons do typical keeper/dynasty leagues last for? :-?
RubbaBandMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby logics » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:32 am

im not sure if there r still room in the league(s), but i am definately interested.. i guess someone can pm me or get at me on aim

aim: guro3000
logics
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby logics » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:32 am

im not sure if there r still room in the league(s), but i am definately interested.. i guess someone can pm me or get at me on aim

aim: guro3000
logics
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mangey » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:36 pm

Sorry that I missed so much action on this thread, but I was up a mountain, so internet was lacking!

Thanks for remembering me when divying it up, and I think you guys are doing a great job organizing a lot of chaos, and that bodes well for the league(s)!
Mangey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:32 pm

Just in case anyone would be wondering, I will be without internet acess for the next few days.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:13 pm

This may be a little dissapointing to some of you, but I have decided that we should keep the league to people we know are experienced and dedicated. Looking at past posts of all of the people interested, their contributions to the cafe, and other less concrete factors, I have come up with the following list of 14 who I will invite to participate in the league:

Bloody Nipples
pokerplaya
So0peRsPam
jbones733
pomplona's finest
slomo007
ensanimal
Pokey Reese MVP
Mustangs989
raiders_umpire
George_Foreman
Longhorns76
oddmanout7
mikegp

If you are not on this list, this does not mean that I dont like you or that you have not made any contribution to the cafe or that you are a bad fantasy player. Please do not take this as a personal insult. If you are not on this list but yet you feel like you should be, please post your fantasy experience and why you think you should be in the league (be honest of course). If you dont want to make that information public, just PM me.

If those not on this list want to start another similar league, please feel free to use this thread to attract more owners (I will edit the first post for this purpose.)

I apologize if I have offended anybody, but that honestly not the purpose of making this list. The purpose was to create a competive and fun league with the most experienced, dedicated, and smart owners possible.

Those on this list will be recieving a PM from me shortly. Arlo has agreed to create a forum for us to draft and discuss the league in, so we can continue all discussion and decision making there.

Good luck to all!

BN
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:33 pm

Are we still doing one Roto and one H2H league? I sent PMs to warrick and cubsfan7724 and both would like to participate in roto if we still have spots. I think 2 leagues is the only way to go, because everyone will be more dedicated to a league where they support the rules.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:53 pm

slomo007 wrote:Are we still doing one Roto and one H2H league? I sent PMs to warrick and cubsfan7724 and both would like to participate in roto if we still have spots. I think 2 leagues is the only way to go, because everyone will be more dedicated to a league where they support the rules.

I think everyone on the list I just posted said they would play roto. If that is not the case, please PM me or post it here. Maybe the other league can the h2h.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:03 am

Being that it's a keeper, we need to be sure that everyone gets in a league they WANT to be in. I mean technically I will play h2h, but I would much rather prefer roto and would therefore dedicate more time to it and likely stay active longer. I thought some of the people you mentioned actually preferred h2h (see page 6, there is a post that kind of separates the names into 2 leagues). I am not trying to be picky here, I'm just saying that we need to make sure everyone gets in the league they want to be in. We would have no problems finding enough people to fill 2 different leagues with 2 different styles. Just my $.02 though, if everyone is happy with roto that you mentioned and will dedicate their time to it, then I'm all in.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds