100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade help

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:13 pm

I get: Jeter, M.Ramirez, Hinske
I give: Tejada, Floyd, Pujols

Is there any improvement for my team in this trade?

Thanks for any help.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Trade Help

Postby ntremain23 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:48 pm

Ok,I'll tell you my strategy for trades and it's probably the same as most people.I break the trade down into littler trades.So when you break down this trade,it breaks down to Jeter for Tejada.Which is pretty much an even trade but it depends on what you need and what you got plenty of.If you need power and rbi's,then you want to keep Tejada.But if you need SB and avg.,then you want to get Jeter.But overall,pretty even trade there.Next you have Manny for Floyd,which their about the same exact player,except Manny has more talent and is an overall better player.So your getting a better deal there.Next you have Hiske for Pujols.This is where you have to look.Hinske is a rookie having a fantastic first season in the league.So you pretty much have no clue what he could do the rest of the season,he could keep it up and finish with an outstanding rookie season,or he could slow down and end up with a decent first season in the league.My opinion is that he will keep it up,but that's just me.Pujols is having an amazing second season and has proven himself as one of the top players in the league.I would have to say your giving away a LOT more than your getting in return.So overall for the 3 person trade,I would say your giving a little bit more than your getting,but it also depends on the SS's and what you need.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers