Trade Veto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Veto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Veto

Postby BigMusky » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:44 am

I think this is a good veto time. Guy has not touched his team since June 10th and then today I get a notice that he has traded Pujols and Maddux for Thome, Mussina, and Loiaza. Not that unfair of a trade except for the fact that he traded with the first place guy...who happens to be his friend and only person that can contact him.

The first place guy knows that he has to put a respectable trade across the table to get this through...but it is pretty obvious the one guy would have accepted anything because he does nothing with his team at all. Loiazza is garbage anyway if he goes to the pen and Moose is coming off the DL...so this not even that fair of a trade in the first place.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Veto

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:00 am

I understand what you're saying about him not being active, and maybe this would be a time to veto considering the circumstances. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with this deal at all and I don't think it will help him all that signifcantly anyway. They both have 1b eligibility and Pujols OF eligibility doesn't give him that much more value. Thome is no slouch at all at 1b with his ML leading 33 hrs. I'd take Moose over Maddux even coming off an injury, and Loaiza doesn't really hurt this deal either (even if he is heading to the pen). Just something to think about as I don't think any of you have much to worry about. If you want to veto it on principle, however, maybe that is something to think about...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Re: Trade Veto

Postby bjm97 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:04 am

BigMusky wrote:I think this is a good veto time. Guy has not touched his team since June 10th and then today I get a notice that he has traded Pujols and Maddux for Thome, Mussina, and Loiaza. Not that unfair of a trade except for the fact that he traded with the first place guy...who happens to be his friend and only person that can contact him.

The first place guy knows that he has to put a respectable trade across the table to get this through...but it is pretty obvious the one guy would have accepted anything because he does nothing with his team at all. Loiazza is garbage anyway if he goes to the pen and Moose is coming off the DL...so this not even that fair of a trade in the first place.

In theory it sounds like you have a point- an owner doesn't pay attention to his team and then suddenly deals his best player to a friend. While collusion seems apparent it is difficult to veto this trade. Loiaza and Moose if healthy are probably better than Maddux. Thome is still a stud and I just read that Pujols has been playing with some pain in his left heel for the past 6 weeks (and may need surgery at the end of the season). I would still have to let this trade through- but you can ask the two owners their rational for the deal. What is the scoring system of the league and needs of the owners.
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mugrila » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:41 am

i would contact the team in last as to why he made the deal. if he can't justify it then i would consider a veto. but as it is i can't say veto since its fairly even.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:12 am

u cant veto an even trade......just because one team is in first and the other team is a friend...this is still a very fair trade.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:34 am

i agree this aint vetoable
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BigMusky » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:43 am

well there is definitely collusion on this deal which everyone on here always screams about. Second...it does not really matter if the deal is fair because it screws over everyone else who wanted to trade for Pujols.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:32 pm

BigMusky wrote:well there is definitely collusion on this deal which everyone on here always screams about. Second...it does not really matter if the deal is fair because it screws over everyone else who wanted to trade for Pujols.
If you can prove collusion then veto it. But right now it just seems circumstantial.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby great gretzky » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:44 pm

i don't see a rule that says you have to trade someone to another team -- so that doesn't "screw' the team that wnated to trade for pujols.

I think it stinks that it happens with a team that is inactive. Ia lmost had arod in one league, then the guy traded arod to the inactive team for tejada and m. cabrera. tough to complain, but vaguely unfair.

But i guess it begs the question -- at what point do you lose your right to be an owner by being inactive?

This one is touch, because I don't see how it is even going to help him much -- even trade I think. very difficult to prove collusion.

you will end up making an ass of yourself if you push it -- even if you are"right" it is close enough, you could come across as a complainer.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BigMusky » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:05 pm

I know what you mean....we have a league veto so I just cast my vote and kept quiet. As one last comment, the inactive player did tell me when we set up the Football league that he retired (quit) the baseball league. The same guy that he is trading with is the commishoner of the Football league, so it is nice that we are going to have already one schmuck owner to start the season. The whole thing pisses me off.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers