hey, what would you do with this team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

hey, what would you do with this team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

hey, what would you do with this team?

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:53 pm

alright, this team seems to be lagging a little bit more than the other two i've got, so i ask you guys what you'd recommend pursuing in order to better this team. i think i've got some very tradeable commodities, especially in the OF:

C - mike matheny
1b - richie sexson
2b - luis castillo
ss - jose valentin
3b - joe crede
OF - vladdy
OF - manny
OF - pat burrell
util - mike cameron
bench/OF - carl crawford
DL/OF - carlos beltran (one or two more days... c'mon)

SP - tony armas jr, mark buehrle, mark prior, woody williams, randy wolf, runlevys hernandez, horacio ramirez (who i didn't start last night, doh)
RP - billy koch, jose mesa, rocky biddle, kelvim escobar

current stats (not counting today)

.270 / 17 HR / 64 RBI / 4 SB / 77 R
15 W, 9 SV, 109 K, 2.85 ERA, 1.14 WHIP

the pitching, thus far, is top notch. my weakest point is currently saves (rank 3/12), while the other categories are top 1 or 2)... hitting, however, is a different ballgame. yes its early and nobody is running away with it, but looking at stats like R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG, out of 12 points, i've got 7 / 3.5 / 3.5 / 2.5 / 3

now, again, it's way early... the league leader in HR has 27, the league leader in RBI has 96, the league leader in steals has 14, and the league leader in avg is hitting .296, so it seems like i'm at a point where if i can rally some offense around my pitching, i could be the top dog in the league. looking at my team, what would you do? steals screams out the most to me... although luis castillo has finally shown up and gotten 3 steals for me today, other than carl crawford (who feels like a detriment to an otherwise great offensive OF with his lack of HR/RBI), it's on the 30/30 guys to steal for me... well, and in a league where 13 saves is curently the lead, i think i could use a closer for hte long haul (reeling in kelvim escobar once again isn't exactly the cure-all for my problems)

so what would you guys suggest that i pursue as the days roll on in order to position my team to become an unstoppable dynamo when the fun days of late may and early june roll around? so far, burrell, ramirez, and cameron aren't hitting.. with the exception of cameron, i'm pretty sure that at soem point manny will get back to form and start putting up the #s that made him a 2nd round draft pick.

ON THE TABLE: this one guy who i talk to often is dangling maggs.. since cameorn was a free agent pickup early, i'm shooting for a package of burrell / cameron / runlevys hernandez to try and woo magglio to my OF. i think an OF of vlad, magglio, and manny would be unstoppable when they all start hitting the feces out of the ball in the mid to late months of the season.

i will be around and in the talk / trade & waiver forums answering your questions, so hook a brother up!

thx

# jim
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

sorry man...

Postby point06 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:39 am

too much to read...too little motivation
point06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:58 am

so then why did you post that? thanks, friend.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

help

Postby ginsin55 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:35 am

You need infield help, most of the people are middle of the road types. Your outfield is set when Beltran returns.
ginsin55

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team