Sleeper Keeper Options - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper Keeper Options

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:10 am

Yeah, take that back on Soriano.

My, my, my...many people are giving me a very hard time for that Damaso HR, eh?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:06 am

I am a Troy Glaus keeper owner, and I am planning on trading him right away if he starts off hot next season. I don't think he is going to stay healthy enough on a consistent basis to be a good 3B keeper.

I second the A.J. Burnett comments ;-D .

Catchers
Another A.J., Pierzynski, has emerged as a top double play threat this season, but he still could be the best contact hitting catcher in the NL. In deep leagues, he could be a great buy-low 5x5 Roto option and an ok points league guy.

1B
For some reason Lyle Overbay and Travis Hafner still seem to be underrated 1B keeper options. Nick Johnson has not been good this season, but if he takes off in the final month or two of the season, I would hop all over him in keeper leagues.

2B
You think Arizona's season has been 100% pitiful, think again. Rookie 2B Scott Hairston will soon be a top 10 fantasy second baseman. Oh yeah, if someone in your league isn't too keen on Mark Loretta for whatever reason, grab him!

SS
Did you know that Jimmy Rollins has slowly been working his way back to his rookie season form? Sure you did, maybe his keeper owner doesn't though. It should also be noted that Jack Wilson and Cesar Izturis have found their bats. They have turned into top NL-Only keepers.

3B
I don't know why the David Wright train is not chugging faster across the U.S. You would have thought by the news conference he would be on a few magazine covers by now. Has anyone else seen his face on a major magizine? Maybe it would be a good idea to pick him up before that happends.

OF
Austin Kearns lead the majors in HRs for about the first quarter of 2003. If J.D. Drew can overcome injuries, anyone can. Does anyone else think it is time to try to talk that contender in your league into trading Pat Burrell for someone who can help them with a playoff run? Newsflash: Brad Wilkerson is underrated! Still not 100%, Corey Patterson is not playing up to his full potential...what a tragedy. You do know who Grady Sizemore is by now, right?

SP
Just about every pitcher who exceeded 104.5 pitches per start last season has slowed down significantly. Livan Hernandez has not. Some guys are just work horses. Did I mention that he is an Expo? Mark Buehrle just does not get enough attention. Joel Pineiro pitched well this season, got no run support and now could be on the mend through the winter. Yeah, he's a sleeper. Cliff Lee pitched just enough last season to lose his rookie status while not gaining too much attention. So, he will not get any ROY attention this season. If he can get his control down, he will be an ace. Tony Armas is another Expo who could have some nice keeper value and will cost you next to nothing. Jeremy Bonderman is going to break out one of these days. I would pay a few bucks for someone with his type of potential.

Closers are too hard to predict. As mentioned before, only Eric Gagne is a rock solid keeper option.
Last edited by shortsavage on Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby GiantFan666 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:12 am

Start shopping early and pick up Rick Ankiel winner of the 2005 comeback of the year winner and 2005 Cy Young winner!!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers