Sleeper Keeper Options - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper Keeper Options

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sleeper Keeper Options

Postby tlsttsk » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:50 pm

Im trying to make some trades in order to cut down my amount of possible keepers and make the decision easier, but dont really have the tools to bring in another big bat or arm unless i trade away one of mine.

so now im looking at people that are doing decent this year, but maybe its like their 2nd year and they are looking to breakout next year, or a pitcher that got back from tommy john and is struggling but is looking to turn it around next year and return to form.

any keepers out there i could get cheap.

also, you dont devalue mauer anymore now with his leg injury do you? if i could pick him up in a trade he remains a solid keeper, right?
tlsttsk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sleeper Keeper Options

Postby Pedantic » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:56 pm

tlsttsk wrote:Im trying to make some trades in order to cut down my amount of possible keepers and make the decision easier, but dont really have the tools to bring in another big bat or arm unless i trade away one of mine.

so now im looking at people that are doing decent this year, but maybe its like their 2nd year and they are looking to breakout next year, or a pitcher that got back from tommy john and is struggling but is looking to turn it around next year and return to form.

also, you dont devalue mauer anymore now with his leg injury do you? if i could pick him up in a trade he remains a solid keeper, right?

Speaking of pitchers coming back from TJ--two words: AJ. Burnett. He'll be back like a heart attack. I would also devalue Mauer some with his injury. He's still a great player, but you have to be wary that you don't get an injury-prone dud. :-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby tlsttsk » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:58 pm

when im thinking of mauer right now, im thinking of jd drew. injury prone, but a monster when hes playing.

its just the fact that he may need surgery that worries me
tlsttsk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:03 pm

A lot of people seem to forget about Richie Sexson, I picked him up in my keeper league and he might be a keeper.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pedantic » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:08 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:A lot of people seem to forget about Richie Sexson, I picked him up in my keeper league and he might be a keeper.

I don't know about you, but I don't consider him much of a sleeper. ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tlsttsk » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:16 pm

maybe not, but that is also something else im looking for, a buy low top of player that i may be able to get for under the normal value.
tlsttsk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pedantic » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:23 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think of him as a buy low candidate, in the sense that I wouldn't sell him low if I had him, unless maybe I were making a championship run.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:53 pm

Pedantic wrote:
tlsttsk wrote:Im trying to make some trades in order to cut down my amount of possible keepers and make the decision easier, but dont really have the tools to bring in another big bat or arm unless i trade away one of mine.

Speaking of pitchers coming back from TJ--two words: AJ. Burnett. He'll be back like a heart attack.

I agree. AJ has looked good this year but hasn't gotten much support from his team. He should be back to 100% next year.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:18 pm

Jaret Wright.

He will be very cheap in a keeper and by all indications is a better pitcher than he was in '97 all because of changing speeds and focusing on location as opposed to blowing batters away.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikcou » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:55 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:A lot of people seem to forget about Richie Sexson, I picked him up in my keeper league and he might be a keeper.

seems like a good idea to me ;-D
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers