Casey Blake - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Casey Blake

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Casey Blake

Postby JTWood » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:46 pm

I picked up Blake out of dumb luck when "The Big Hurt" lived up to his name and went down a few weeks ago. Ok, so... Blake's put up some respectible numbers lately, and... I've never really heard much about the guy.

Can anyone tell me anything about this guy? Did I just get lucky and pick him up during a rarified streak? If so, how much longer do you think he can keep it up.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:14 am

I don't know about a streak.

He was hitting .272 on June 8th. .274 on July 8th and now another month later he's hitting .273.

That is all you will ever get from a guy that took 4 seasons to accumulate 100 AB's in the big leagues and since he finally cracked it last season when he turned 30, what you see now is as good as it will ever get.

Multi position eligibility and the fact that he sometimes hits clean up for a team with a half decent offense is about his only redeeming features.

A good spot starter or a reasonable back up in deeper leagues.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby reiser » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:30 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:I don't know about a streak.

He was hitting .272 on June 8th. .274 on July 8th and now another month later he's hitting .273.

i wouldn't go that far-i mean, David Ortiz never did anything on the Twins either, so he's obviously useless too. :)

I see Blake as another Loretta/Mueller type who for whatever reason never got the chance to be an everyday players-who knows why, ML clubs make all sorts of stupid decisions (see: Baltimore Orioles, CWS, etc.).

these guys are now the perfectly adequate starters you see-true this is pretty much as good as it should get, but I imagine .270/25/90 looks pretty good to most A. Jones owners right about now.
xoxo,
larry
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers