El Duque or Jaret Wright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

El Duque or Jaret Wright

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:46 am

trailblazur wrote:How can they take Hernandez out of the rotation? He's been their best starter the past month.


It's all about who would be most adaptable and able to come out of the pen. El Duque is probably that guy.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby thehat » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:53 am

I think the guy on the bubble may be Lieber.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 3721
Joined: 1 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fabulous Las Vegas

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:04 am

i think they will move him to the pen. Id definetly take wright over hernandez.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:08 am

thehat wrote:I think the guy on the bubble may be Lieber.


I have thought about it on end and I don't think that Lieber will go because of his injury history.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby thehat » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:14 am

Lofunzo wrote:
thehat wrote:I think the guy on the bubble may be Lieber.


I have thought about it on end and I don't think that Lieber will go because of his injury history.


How 'bout his lousy pitching, Lofunzo? He's the worst starter on this staff and Torre has always been a huge El Duque booster. Strictly a hunch for me, but I can see Lieber ending up as the long reliever here.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 3721
Joined: 1 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fabulous Las Vegas

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:17 am

thehat wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
thehat wrote:I think the guy on the bubble may be Lieber.


I have thought about it on end and I don't think that Lieber will go because of his injury history.


How 'bout his lousy pitching, Lofunzo? He's the worst starter on this staff and Torre has always been a huge El Duque booster. Strictly a hunch for me, but I can see Lieber ending up as the long reliever here.


I agree with that but I am looking at the big picture. In the playoffs, I would expect to see El Duque in there. In the regular season, it's not so clear cut. I know that Torre loves El Duque but I am not looking at who would be the best starter but rather who would be the best reliever and who could make the change the easiest.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact