Luis Castillo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Luis Castillo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Luis Castillo

Postby Themetties » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:23 pm

So I'm losing in steals, otherwise i'd be first in my league. One owner offered my luis castillo for one of my third baseman. I have Scott Rolen and Eric Chavez. Which one should I trade for Castillo. Basically, who is gonna have a better second half. Rolen might get traded to san fran or something, in which case his value would skyrocket and he'd be amazing. but if not, he's gonna drown in philly, and chavez is on a contender, and a known second half performer. what's the deal? 8-o
Themetties
Trivia Month Winner

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby papasmurf » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:42 pm

tough call. you are right about rolen possibly going ballistic for a contender, if traded. however, you can't discount chavez' numbers in the second half. he has been amazing. now, i have to admit, i have him on my team and i am waiting for his second-half burst but it hasn't come yet. i guess ,if i had to pick, i would say trade rolen. it's pretty even though. good luck.
papasmurf

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ntremain23 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:49 am

I would say trade Chavez for Castillo.Rolen will get you some SB and he is more proven than Chavez.Rolen has played in 100+ games in each of the past 5 seasons.Chavez,only 3.Rolen has also had 110+ hits in each of the past 5 seasons.Chavez,only 2.Rolen has had 25+ homeruns in each of the past 5 seasons.Chavez only 2.The only thing I would have to knock Rolen on,his K's.He's had 100+ K's in 4 of the last 5 seasons.But I would definately have to say trade Chavez before Rolen.
N Tremain
ntremain23

I can't believe what I'm reading

Postby illikai » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:54 pm

I don't care which 3rd baseman you give up for Castillo.......whoever it is it is a STEAL for you. Both averages are down, I'd give up Rolen instead of Chavez. Eric is more likely to make you look foolish for dealing him than Scott would.
illikai

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Chicago » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:53 pm

I agree that you should make this trade and make it NOW. I think both of the 3rd basemen will have an equal second half, Rolen is really on fire right now. But if I had to choose one, it would be Rolen. Although, depending how desperate you are for SB's, please note that Rolen did have 16 SB's last year, while Chaez had 8.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers