Anyone noticing JIMMY ROLLINS? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone noticing JIMMY ROLLINS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone noticing JIMMY ROLLINS?

Postby G-Man » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:54 am

3 HR's over the past week, which is an obvious aberration, but the more important stat is his 5 SB's in the last month....true it's nothing that will blow you away but the fact is he is once again geting on base consistently and scoring runs because of the behemoths hitting behind him....I have had him plugged in at Utility and have been very pleased with his production across the board. he could be floating around as a forgotten FA in some leagues I would think....anyone else playing this guy?
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shpuck » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:23 pm

I've been playing him all season. My other bench choice is Valentin (who is currently MI-ing) and Clayton (who I got in a two for one trade with Hidalgo for Gibbons, before Hidalgo went to NY and Gibbons got hurt).
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby doug e » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:24 pm

Yeah, I've had him at UTIL for most of the year. The HR's are a nice bonus when all I hoped for was SB's and AVG.
We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses...
doug e
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby d18Mike » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:34 pm

If you want to look at an interesting statistical comparison, look at Rollins and Kaz.

It would be hard to find 2 more similarly matched players at any position. Rollins has a slight lead in projected Runs and SBs but otherwise in terms of average and HRs it's a dead heat.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beef » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:24 am

Who would you want at this point in the season, Rollins or Crosby? I'm in a non-keeper points league with the following scoring system:
Singles - 1
Doubles - 2
Triples - 3
Homers - 4
Runs - 1
RBI - 1
BB - 1
Stolen bases - 2
beef
College Coach
College Coach