Damon/Rollins for Beltran/Batista - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damon/Rollins for Beltran/Batista

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Damon/Rollins for Beltran/Batista

Postby save_expos » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:33 pm

I would get Beltran/Batista... but I have to give up a pitcher. Rollins and Damon haven't been playing well for the past month, and Beltran is like Damon but with power. So I have to give up a pitcher. Here is what I want to give:

Jason Schmidt (not getting many wins)
Ramon Ortiz (always up and down)
Ted Lilly (is now on the DL)
Rodrigo Lopez (don't really want to give him up)

I wanted to give Lilly, but I found out this morning that he is going to the DL. Who do I give up??
save_expos
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby save_expos » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:48 pm

Someone please help?? I have the guy online right now and I offered Schmidt, but he originally wanted Maddux. What do I do?? Maddux is alot to give, but with the Braves in control of the NL east, will Maddux be throwing his best stuff??
save_expos
T-Ball Trainer

Postby papasmurf » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:13 pm

i don't know the needs of either team but damon and rollins for beltran and batista seems pretty fair to me. if you must trade a pitcher, definitely do not give up maddux. trade another one if you must but maddux is too much to give up. rollins' current value may not be very high but i see him hitting better for the rest of the year. i would value him more than batista. i prefer beltran to damon and could see a trade of damon and ortiz maybe for beltran. good luck.
papasmurf

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ntremain23 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:01 am

Beltran's definately a better option than Damon in my mind,even though Damon is having an awesome season.I would say throw in either Schmidt or Ortiz,prefferably Schmidt.I WOULD say you DEFINATELY do not want to give up Lilly,but he was just put on the 15 day DL,but I still would have to say,stick with him and ride out this injury.He could still finish the season off strong.And I would ride out Rodrigo Lopez's hot streak til it's over,which noone is for sure when that will be,but it's looking like it will last the rest of the season.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Get Beltran

Postby illikai » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:51 pm

Beltran is outstanding...........I'd like his average up another 10 points or so but he is really heating up!! He will give you great steal numbers, pretty good power, etc. He is always a second half guy too so i would get Beltran on your team. I like Bautista a lot, do the deal. I would hold on to Schmidty. He went 8-2 with the Giants to close out 2001 and his strikeout numbers are awesome. He could easily go out every day and give you at least 8 K's over 7-8 innings. Once the Giants get healthy and start playing better ball he will put up some awesome numbers for you.
illikai

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Chicago » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:56 pm

Sorry to say that if I were the other team, I wouldn't take anything less than Lopez. But from your point of view it would go 1. Lilly 2. Schmidt. 3. Ortiz. 4. Senor Lopez!!
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers