Most selfish player in sports. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Most selfish player in sports.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Most selfish player in sports.

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:32 pm

Who do you think is the most selfish player in all professional sports?

My vote goes to Allen Iverson. I'm watchin the exhibition game between USA and Germany and just can't believe what I see. Everytime he gets the ball he tries to score, even when he's double or triple teamed and there's 1 or 2 guys wide open. This and his whole "All-stars don't sit the bench." speech from back in the day are really makin me hate this guy.

MeShaun Johnson is a close 2nd.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:33 pm

T.O. easily IMHO.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:37 pm

Amazinz wrote:T.O. easily IMHO.

Maybe I've missed certain interviews, but nothing he has done or said has made me think of him as selfish. He's a great entertainer on the football field. MeShawn and Randy Moss are leagues ahead of TO in terms of selfishness, IMO.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:49 pm

any NBA player is the most selfish person in sports
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Wow. What about the most recent incident? Did you miss T.O.'s tirade on the sidelines? If he had any respect for his teammates that wouldn't have happened.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingsac » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:06 pm

Id say Randy Johnson is preety damn selfish.

Also Cal Ripken Jr., I was reading about how his streak hurt the team. How over the years his stats would litterally nose dive as the year wore on, and that his streak is over rated. I tended to agree with the column. I know his streak is supposed to be the be all end all but I really don't give it that much love. Sorry I know ill get burned for this one. But the streak was all about Ripken not Balitmore
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jumpman8288 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:46 pm

I'd also say Randy Moss. His whole thing with "I'll play when I want to play" kinda got me mad, but sorta got me feeling sorry for him. I mean, if he was smart enough to bring 100% all the time (his 80% is better than anyone in the league), he'd be setting WR records left and right, and would eventually pass Rice as the best receiver of all time.
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:56 pm

RJ? AI? Come on, you gotta be kidding me. Show me something that says RJ is selfish, let alone the MOST selfish in sports. And how is AI selfish? Just because he's probably the most skilled player in the NBA doesn't mean he's selfish. Selfish shooting guards don't average 7 assists/game. He's a team player; he does what it takes to win. Not many players, if any at all, play through what AI plays through injury-wise.

If I had to choose somebody I guess it would be Alexei Yashin or Antonio Davis. Yashin sat out a whole year with the team that drafted him 2nd overall 7 years prior, because he didn't think he was getting enough money. Davis signed in Toronto because he could get the most money, then after we paid him a boatload he sat out with "injuries" on a regular basis and demanded a trade because he didn't want his kids going to school in Canada.

AI and RJ don't hold a candle to Yashin or Davis IMO. And of course you can take your pick of a top NFL WR and they'll probably come off as selfish. TO, Moss, Keyshaun, etc etc.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:02 pm

LBJackal wrote:If I had to choose somebody I guess it would be Alexei Yashin ...

I am an Islanders fan and I still rue the day they signed that bum to a huge contract. :,-(
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby LBJackal » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:
LBJackal wrote:If I had to choose somebody I guess it would be Alexei Yashin ...

I am an Islanders fan

That's enough for me to feel sorry for you........... :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk