Helton and Hidalgo for Berkman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Helton and Hidalgo for Berkman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Helton and Hidalgo for Berkman

Postby AirTimid » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:51 am

I was just offered Helton and Hidalgo for Berkman. SHould I take it? I need offense, but Helton's back is kinda scaring me. Any thoughts?
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby papasmurf » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:19 pm

i don't want to tell you to accept this or not but you should look at this trade as basically helton for berkman. hidalgo, right now, is not worth much at all. he's losing his starting job to merced and us red sox fans know how jimy williams likes to platoon. this doesn't look good for hidalgo.
papasmurf

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Helton for Berkman

Postby ntremain23 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:42 am

Yea,I agree,Hidalgo has almost no value.But I would say,in order for anyone to give you accurate advice on this trade,what OF's do you have and who are you going to plugin to replace Berkman.Certainly can't be Hidalgo,he's losing playing time.Also,who's your current 1B?Are you in that much need to replace him and lose a valuable OF?
N Tremain
ntremain23

Postby AirTimid » Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:48 am

Thanks for the replies. The trade was a no go. I have Mo Vaughn at first :-[ I would have replaced Berkman with Eric Owens. I play in a 5x5 Yahoo league. My other OF's are Steve Finley, Sheffield, JD Drew.
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Chicago » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:05 am

I think you made the right move in not accepting this trade. Berkman has been a monster, and playing in the Astro's ballpark for home games will ensure his numbers will remain well padded. Something indeed has been bothering Helton, but he's still putting up great numbers, just not up to par what he did last year.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers