olerud: worth owning? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

olerud: worth owning?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ensanimal » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:16 pm

Amazinz wrote:I doubt he will have much value. He's a much better addition to the Yankees than he is to a fantasy team. Assuming Giambi misses the remainder of the season, I think Clark will still see a majority of the playing time at 1B and Olerud will be used more as an insurance policy.

What do you all see Clark's value as being? Worth a pick-up? :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 110)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:41 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I doubt he will have much value. He's a much better addition to the Yankees than he is to a fantasy team. Assuming Giambi misses the remainder of the season, I think Clark will still see a majority of the playing time at 1B and Olerud will be used more as an insurance policy.

What do you all see Clark's value as being? Worth a pick-up? :-?

It depends a lot on how deep the league is. His 11 HRs in 200 ABs is nice as well as R/RBI totals but I'm staying away from that .230 BA.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:41 pm

Johnny just hit a 2 RBI single just to let everybody know
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:44 pm

Rirruto wrote:Johnny just hit a 2 RBI single just to let everybody know

Of course. Now that we trashed him he'll go out a make us all look stupid. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:45 pm

I was hurting at CI, and picked him up for a few starts here and there. Hoping that he does get the majority of PT , like torre said he would.

I don't think he will put up great numbers, but i sure like him hitting in that lineup.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:58 pm

5 for 8 in two games with 4 rbi's.

I think i will take it. ;-)

just hope it can last a little longer.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:24 am

Actually, the Yanks said that Clark is burnt and that he will go back to being a bench 1B so Olerud should see most of the time at 1B.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:45 am

Lofunzo wrote:

Actually, the Yanks said that Clark is burnt and that he will go back to being a bench 1B so Olerud should see most of the time at 1B.

What do you mean by burnt, like burn out? Seems like Clark has earned the job IMO but thanks for the head's up.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:46 am

Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

What do you mean by burnt, like burn out? Seems like Clark has earned the job IMO but thanks for the head's up.

He was supposed to be their backup 1B and has been playing a lot. He just needs to go back to his original backup position. Of course, this could change with a few 0-4's from Olerud. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers