Girl Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Girl Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Girl Advice

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:34 am

This is a last resort, but out of desperation I seek guidence. This is the 3rd night in a row, where I'd be out somewhere, I'd be hitting on a girl, everything going smoothly, and then i'll mess up! Have I lost it? I used to be so charming? What's going on?

How do (did) you guys pick up girls successfully consistently? My luck is so spuratic.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jumpman8288 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:41 am

How have you been "messing up" exactly? I think we need a full report to give a complete diagnosis :-?
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:51 am

jumpman8288 wrote:How have you been "messing up" exactly? I think we need a full report to give a complete diagnosis :-?

Lol. I don't want to talk about it.

It's like. Ok I'll be at the movies. I'll be meeting some friends there, and I'll go over and talk to some girls. we'll talk, I'll flirt, I'll charm, and then, either

A) I'll say something that they don't like, whther or not I was justified in saying it, for example the one time I stupidly made a crack at Bush

B) I'll let the situation slip through my fingers, and time will run out and they'll have to leave before a move has been made

C) I'll just screw up and say something dumb. A silly, immature joke will pop up. And before the censors will say "Jack! Stop! You're not with your friends! Chicks don't think that's funny! What are you thinking? Say something witty!?" I will blurt it out.

And nothing's been clicking.....

any advice?

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shpuck » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:51 am

Can't help.

Got married last summer after being engaged for 2.5 years (was waiting until she graduated college) after dating for something like a year and a half.

Not to mention I didn't really have skills to begin with.
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:11 am

You have finally reached that stage known as "the old man at the bar".

Lmao! :-D

Just messing with you. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shpuck » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:32 am

Madison,

I'll assume that's directed at me. Allow me to assure that it takes A LOT to make me insulted. I'm one of those happy go lucky guys that don't really get angry; unless we're talking laptop/computer or the speeder bike level on Rebel Strike III.

I'm also pretty sure you're also that old man at the bar (I seem to remember reading you being married somewhere), so I say we have drinks together! (of course, mine would be simply Dr. Pepper as I don't drink by choice). ;-D

CP90,

I actually can give you some advice:
NEVER TALK POLITICS OR RELIGION WITH A CHICK YOU WANT TO HOOK UP WITH. :~(
Better not to bring up politics until far into the relationship. When you meet the family this rule becomes paramount.

Where do you go to pick up chicks? Also, what's the age range. I think girls of different ages are looking for different things.
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:50 am

shpuck wrote:Madison,

I'll assume that's directed at me. Allow me to assure that it takes A LOT to make me insulted. I'm one of those happy go lucky guys that don't really get angry; unless we're talking laptop/computer or the speeder bike level on Rebel Strike III.

I'm also pretty sure you're also that old man at the bar (I seem to remember reading you being married somewhere), so I say we have drinks together! (of course, mine would be simply Dr. Pepper as I don't drink by choice). ;-D

Actually it was a joke directed at CP90, but yep, I'm married (2nd time--glutton for punishment :-b ), so I'm not the free wheeling kid either. ;-) Only 29, so I won't consider myself truely old until I hit the big 30 next year. Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shpuck » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:55 am

Ah, sorry. Seemed like something someone would say to me.

And you've only got two years on me.
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:57 am

shpuck wrote:Ah, sorry. Seemed like something someone would say to me.

And you've only got two years on me.

No problem at all. :-D

One Dr. Pepper coming right up! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:33 am

shpuck wrote:Madison,

CP90,

I actually can give you some advice:
NEVER TALK POLITICS OR RELIGION WITH A CHICK YOU WANT TO HOOK UP WITH. :~(
Better not to bring up politics until far into the relationship. When you meet the family this rule becomes paramount.

Where do you go to pick up chicks? Also, what's the age range. I think girls of different ages are looking for different things.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Politics and Jack-hooking-up dont mix. She was a Bush supporter, not worth it anyway. ( :-D )

I'm going after girls in their mid teens like me. So I guess for most of you, you're long past this. But did anyone have any good ideas when you were my age? I'm normally meeting girls at the movies, mall, something like that.

Sigh. I always have the hottest female thread I guess.

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk