what do you think of this trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what do you think of this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what do you think of this trade?

Postby craigh200283 » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:35 pm

randy johnson and rich aurillia for alex rodriques and tim hudson. . what do you think?fair deal? i know your probably gonna mention that aurillia did have a career year last year,and he tapered off toward the end, but is it possible he can continue to put up numbers? thats one of the reasons im looking at trading him, so i can upgrade at that possition,and get better stats. tell me what you think.
craigh200283

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

fair deal

Postby cwebb » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:11 pm

I'd say it's a fair deal, if you're in a keeper league don't hesitate!

Hudson is closer to Johnson as Aurilia to A-Rod, and getting K's and W's from elsewhere is easier as upgrading your SS!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:23 pm

Wow - now that's a blockbuster! Is it fair? Yes, but I still think one side wins by a nose.

First off, I like Aurilia for this year. No, he won't reproduce his 2001 numbers, but expect something like .300 avg, 100 runs, 25-35 hr, 90 rbi. Not too shabby for a shortstop... If he tapered off at the end of last year, consider that he hit the bulk of his homers after the break.

Nonetheless, I'd still rather have A-Rod and Hudson. A-Rod and the Big Unit are essentially a wash, and I value Hudson a bit higher than Aurilia. (According to our top 100, Johnson and Rodriguez are numbers 1 and two, although you might call them 1a and 1b; Hudson is at 19, and Aurilia is #61, or the sixth-highest ss).

But while A-Rod/Hudson might have slightly higher value, it's close enough that your team composition might tilt the balance toward the other side, for instance if you're desperate for strikeouts. All else being even, however, go with those two.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers