Yahoo scoring question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo scoring question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo scoring question

Postby AC Rounders » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:23 am

My first year doing yahoo and I have a question about the max game/inning rule. There is a guy in my league who is about +120 innings. Is he getting any stats for his pitchers? I don't think he is but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks
"Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot.
Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman.
But, alas, I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
AC Rounders Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:27 am

What that means is, the guy is on pace to finish 120 innings over the limit. If he's 120 over, he might want to become more selective lest he uses up his innings way ahead of everyone else. He still gets credit for stats, until he runs out. On the flipside, a negative number means you're using innings at a slow enough rate that the season will end before you use them up. Capiche? ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AC Rounders » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:30 am

Not really, until he runs out of what? Does he just finish the saeson with +120 innings? When will this effect a team?
Mark Twain
AC Rounders Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:31 am

What he said. :-)

As long as there are innings left to burn, he will accumulate stats. It is good to help you plan, though. I am around 80 K's out of first but I am also 200 IP behind the leader. So, instead of panicking, I will just wait it out.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby WharfRat » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:35 am

Well, there's an innings limit. In Yahoo public leagues, I think the limit is 1250. You can't accrue any more pitching stats once you reach 1250 innings. So the +120 is a projection. He'll be reaping the statistical benefits from his pitchers until he reaches 1250. What that +120 means is that, unless he cuts back on his pitcher usage, he'll use up his total innings before the season's over. And then other people might catch up to him. Something like that allowed me to win my roto league last year--the guy in 1st all year was killing everybody, but wasn't careful and ran out of innings with about 3 weeks left. And enough people caught him in enough categories that I nipped him.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Chopper » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:38 am

AC Rounders wrote:Not really, until he runs out of what? Does he just finish the saeson with +120 innings? When will this effect a team?

Your league has a maximum number of innings that your pitchers can accumulate stats for. If that max is say, 1250 innings, and he continues to use his pitchers the way he has, he'll reach 1250 well before the end of the season and stop getting pitching stats then. Or at least on the day that he goes over. That is, if you have 5 SP's starting on the day that you hit 1250, you'll get all the stats for that day and then that will be it (could be like 1265, or something.)
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AC Rounders » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:38 am

That one did it for me. This are clicking now. Thanks for the explaination, seems really simple now. Thanks.
Mark Twain
AC Rounders Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers