HELP A.S.A.P. offer good tonight only..please respond... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HELP A.S.A.P. offer good tonight only..please respond...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HELP A.S.A.P. offer good tonight only..please respond...

Postby Clevelander » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:33 pm

CARLOS BELTRAN (DL)............no stats
MIKE CAMERON............1 HR, 4R, 5RBI, 2SB, .216ave
RAFAEL PALMEIRO........4 HR, 8R, 7RBI, 1SB, .250ave

for

JIM THOME................2 HR, 11R, 14RBI, 0SB, .316ave
BOBBY ABREU...........1 HR, 10R, 7RBI, 1SB, .241ave

he's offering me carlos,mike,& raf...

maybe this isnt a tough decision..i dont know. i was trying to obtain beltran while he's not back for something productive for him now but he countered with this.
my thoughts are thome is going to remain strong this year and palmeiro isnt that far off but is slumping now, but i do think thomes average will come down. abreu is a cameron of which both are slupming but i feel abreu has a better up side to him now with the team he's surrounded by...but getting beltran in the mix could make it worth taking a flyer on.

any input would help as i mentioned he's sitting on this for tonight only because i believe he is also a little weary on the deal. i think he wants stats now (a stat watcher) rather than be patient and wait...i like guys like that....
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:44 pm

I don't think it's a good deal at all for you. You are giving up Thome, who is a stud first baseman, in the top three or four at that position and Abreu who is easily a top 5 or 6 outfielder.

In return, you get Palmiero, who is a decent producer and definitely good for 100 RBI, but is getting old, and wouldn't be considered even a top 10 first baseman. You also get Beltran, who could be a stud, but there are questions as to how he will perform coming back from his injury. Even when healthy, Beltran can't touch Abreu. You also get Cameron, who is a pretty mediocre outfielder to be starting in a 10 or 12 team league. He will struggle to hit .260, and won't hit more than 80 or so RBI likely, especially playing in Safeco. His main advantage is the potential to get 20-30 steals.

I don't think it's a good deal at all. You are giving up two top notch players for two solid players that are downgrades, and a mediocre outfielder as a third player in the deal. I would reject it.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gmogd » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:51 pm

not even close to being a good deal... don't pay attention to this years stats so far, pay attention to what they can/should do... You're giving up top players at their positions for an injury, an old man, and a guy who would be on the waiver wire if it werent for his steals.
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Postby KDOGG » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:30 pm

eww no way tell him hes nuts!
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GorillaUnit » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:42 pm

jdh wrote:I don't think it's a good deal at all. You are giving up two top notch players for two solid players that are downgrades, and a mediocre outfielder as a third player in the deal. I would reject it.

Exactly...
GorillaUnit
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:50 pm

I concur with the rest of the posts.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football