Jesse Crain - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jesse Crain

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

as

Postby JOEG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:52 pm

looked good, looked nervous. His first guy was Vladdy too. Burned a fastball right by him and then made him look foolish on a breaking ball that Vladdy got a piece of and grounded into what should of been an out. Not sure what the official mph was but FSN had on their scoreboard 97 a couple of times, we needed him bad, this works better then a trade

Next Up JD Durbin - the 'real deal" first AAA game 13 k's in 7 innings......... look for him coming to a park near you real soon - screw Benson and his hot wife we get a great system
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:29 am

Am I correct that he is not on Yahoo yet?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:34 am

TonyCee wrote:That's what I am thinking too but Crain is the future closer of the Twins, so where does he fit in?? Or can he be a set-up man until it's time for him to move into the Closer's a few years down the road? Thanks

Basically he's just moved into a Lidge/KRod/Mota situation. He will eventually be closer, but might be 2-3 years of lights-out setup first. As soon as Nathan's contract is up and he starts asking for Mariano money, the Twins will make the switch.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:08 pm

stumpak wrote:Am I correct that he is not on Yahoo yet?
Not yet.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scorched03 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:34 pm

i understand he'll be a stud but what abt this yr?

i need holds. do u think he'll get them at a faster rate than setup stud like marte (except he only gets some cuz of politte).
scorched03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rohan » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:41 pm

Agreed Akhome. There not going to put Crain in the closer role, unless Nathan struggles or is traded, or a free agent they won't sign. and there not going to trade Nathan unless Crain has (proven) he can close games. Look what happened to Ryan Wagner for Cincy, they put him in as a closer and he got shelled. Clsong games in the minors is a lot different from closing games in the majors
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers