This could help the Red Sox maybe?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This could help the Red Sox maybe??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:01 pm

im not pisssed at all by the deal. people are underestimating Cabrera and Mienkewicz. they're not "peanuts". the offense will be fine. i dont wanna dig up lotsa data but the Sox were still near the top of the AL in almost every single offensive cat.. 'cept for steals of course. :-b im just dissapointed that they couldnt improve the SP. they re putting more eggs in D-Lowe's basket than id be comfortable with. i hope the pitching works out.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:01 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
KPucks wrote:I sure hope you're right, but I can't get the uneasy feeling in my stomach and the voice screaming in my head "HOW THE F*** DIDN'T THEY GET CLEMENT" to go away :~(
Easy. Hendry told him they weren't going to trade Clement, and then the Red Sox were too desperate to unload Nomar and he pounced, then got him for peanuts. Another awesome trade by Hendry! Oh and we bent over the Red Sox.

The Cubs didn't bend over the Red Sox. They got Cabrera and Doug M. for a player who wasn't going to resign with them. I am surprised they didn't go after a pitcher but I don't think it's a bad trade. Luckily the Cubs didn't give up much because they get a two-month rental that they will most likely not resign.
How can you know he won't resign? We will have some free space, we got out of A Gons 5.75 million contract, and next year we wont have Alou either. That gives us some money to resign him. Plus the Trib has bottomless pockets to resign him. We wont know until the offseason because Hendry doesn't resign players during the season. Well, enjoy Dougy M and Cabrera. We'll enjoy your superstar shortstop, your first round pick from last year, and some extra cash you gave us. Thanks Red Sox ;-D

If you can afford $16 mill/5-6 years, then, ya, you can resign him. I don't think we were "raped", but I do agree you got the better end. I'll be rooting for Nomar, so be good to him in Chicago.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:02 pm

and the Sox do have a place for Millar cos Nixon's out for a LONG time. my suspicions confirmed. the deal's not so bad (only iof they could get more SP) here it is---- rotoworld

An MRI performed yesterday confirmed a ''Grade 2 tear,'' in Trot Nixon's left quadriceps muscle.
''If I don't control this now, if I don't take care of it, I could be out the rest of the year. I could be having problems with it the rest of my career,'' Nixon said. He won't return before September if at all.

the deal's not so bad after all.* :-°

* we still coulda gotten starting pitching :,-(
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pokey » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:03 pm

thetongueofire wrote:im not pisssed at all by the deal. people are underestimating Cabrera and Mienkewicz. they're not "peanuts". the offense will be fine. i dont wanna dig up lotsa data but the Sox were still near the top of the AL in almost every single offensive cat.. 'cept for steals of course. :-b im just dissapointed that they couldnt improve the SP. they re putting more eggs in D-Lowe's basket than id be comfortable with. i hope the pitching works out.

I think you're right actually... Cabrera and Mienkewicz have both been underachieving this year, and Fenway Park can sometimes turn players careers around (Ortiz, Mueller)
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:04 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
KPucks wrote:I sure hope you're right, but I can't get the uneasy feeling in my stomach and the voice screaming in my head "HOW THE F*** DIDN'T THEY GET CLEMENT" to go away :~(
Easy. Hendry told him they weren't going to trade Clement, and then the Red Sox were too desperate to unload Nomar and he pounced, then got him for peanuts. Another awesome trade by Hendry! Oh and we bent over the Red Sox.

The Cubs didn't bend over the Red Sox. They got Cabrera and Doug M. for a player who wasn't going to resign with them. I am surprised they didn't go after a pitcher but I don't think it's a bad trade. Luckily the Cubs didn't give up much because they get a two-month rental that they will most likely not resign.
How can you know he won't resign? We will have some free space, we got out of A Gons 5.75 million contract, and next year we wont have Alou either. That gives us some money to resign him. Plus the Trib has bottomless pockets to resign him. We wont know until the offseason because Hendry doesn't resign players during the season. Well, enjoy Dougy M and Cabrera. We'll enjoy your superstar shortstop, your first round pick from last year, and some extra cash you gave us. Thanks Red Sox ;-D

If you can afford $16 mill/5-6 years, then, ya, you can resign him. I don't think we were "raped", but I do agree you got the better end. I'll be rooting for Nomar, so be good to him in Chicago.
The Tribune is far richer then Steinbrenner, if they want to spend it they can easily resign Nomar. Theres no reason not to, they pack that stadium everyday and make tons of money off of it.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:04 pm

Theres still not much of a place for Millar... we would have 3 guys trying to play right. This was one reason to hang onto Murton, Trot might be done.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:05 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

Don't be an arrogant d*ck dude. Yes you got a fine player for basically nothing. Be happy and show some class about it.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:07 pm

Sorry you are upset. Ill try to be more caring ok? Its all cool?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:10 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:The Tribune is far richer then Steinbrenner, if they want to spend it they can easily resign Nomar. Theres no reason not to, they pack that stadium everyday and make tons of money off of it.

Yes they have more money than Steinbrenner but they don't spend money like Steinbrenner.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:12 pm

Aint that the truth. :-/ Maybe things will change though!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers