Funny thing about KC trade with NYM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Funny thing about KC trade with NYM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Funny thing about KC trade with NYM

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:44 am

They wanted Huber and Kazmir for Beltran.....and now they got HUber for a guy they picked up off Waivers a month ago....amazing.

So in my mind, if John Buck, Mike WOod and Mark Teahan are of more value than Kazmir, I would have to say that KC has made out like bandits...now having Buck AND Huber @ C...thats a nice commodity.

My only question is where does this leave Bick now...cuz Huber is better than Buck IMHO.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Funny thing about KC trade with NYM

Postby Jivedude » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:49 am

kcbelieves wrote:My only question is where does this leave Bick now...cuz Huber is better than Buck IMHO.

They're on a roll. Maybe they should try to trade Buck to the Mets for David Wright. :-D
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tavish » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:51 am

It leaves the Royals with more depth, both at the major league and minor league levels. Something that was sorely lacking over the past few years. So far Baird has done a great job in gathering talent this year. It should be interesting to see what happens next year with Sweeney and Randa, both of which should be able to draw strong interest.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:27 am

kcbelieves wrote:They wanted Huber and Kazmir for Beltran.....and now they got HUber for a guy they picked up off Waivers a month ago....amazing.

There is a big difference here. The Mets never wanted Beltran to the extent the media portrayed. They already have a CF and Beltran wasn't going to sign with the Mets to play RF. Benson and Zambrano (whether you like/agree with the acquisitions or not) are going to be long-term additions to the club.

Also, KC wanted Huber and Wright. I don't remember Kazmir mentioned.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby demoflauchy » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:29 am

Amazinz wrote:
kcbelieves wrote:They wanted Huber and Kazmir for Beltran.....and now they got HUber for a guy they picked up off Waivers a month ago....amazing.

There is a big difference here. The Mets never wanted Beltran to the extent the media portrayed. They already have a CF and Beltran wasn't going to sign with the Mets to play RF. Benson and Zambrano (whether you like/agree with the acquisitions or not) are going to be long-term additions to the club.

Also, KC wanted Huber and Wright. I don't remember Kazmir mentioned.

Well put
[url]textandmac.com[/url]
[url]pokerandcoffee.blogspot.com[/url]
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:56 am

And even if CF was open, Boras would not let Beltran sign a contract now with out getting into the offseason.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:04 pm

Correct. Beltran's not signing anything until Boras has had all the lords of the realm bring offerings to his throne.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers