Benson's value change at all? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Benson's value change at all?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Benson's value change at all?

Postby MadMobius » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:13 pm

Doesn't seem like his run support will change but he is in a better pitchers park right?

with him being a weaker hitting division, does this help as well?
---Lincecum---------Gallardo------Santana-----------Peavy---

Props to "The_Show" for my sig...
MadMobius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:14 pm

His value does go up. It wasn't huge to begin with, though.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:22 pm

From ESPN:

Benson goes from the Bucs to the Mets. Does it matter? Well, even as we dare to call Benson a tad overrated, absolutely. Shea Stadium is one of the most extreme pitching parks in the majors, for one. Another reason to like Benson more now is the fact he has terrific career numbers against the three NL East teams the Mets are chasing -- and will be playing quite a bit down the stretch. Also, Benson's career ERA at Shea is 2.45.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:51 pm

I think this increases his fantasy trade value, only because his name is all over the place. Im sure you can find a sucker in some league who has been watching ESPN and hears them talking about this trade constantly, and they will most likely over value him. I think now is the time to sell Benson if you can find that person who will buy into the hype. This has the same kind of effect as some players on the Yankees, ahem, Jose Contreras. People over value him because he is talked about frequently, same deal with Benson.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby great gretzky » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:45 pm

im jsut trying to gauge what I should offer him for. I coudl sue some sb's -- so sanchez? try and take ryan or mota from someone? package him and chipper for ichiro?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby warrick95 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:49 pm

I'd rather have Chipper than Ichiro in the 2nd half. Call me crazy.

Benson's value goes up. He goes to a pitcher's park (from a slight hitter's park, I believe), with one of the best pitching coaches in baseball. I like the Mets' offense more for run support, even though the Pirates' offense has been pretty potent this season. Reyes, Matsui, Piazza, Floyd, Hidalgo, Cameron, Wright looks good to me.

And as long as his wife joins him on the move to give him enough action, he should do just fine. ;-)
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby great gretzky » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:12 pm

thanks, I appreciate the advice. I know there are certain forums for this type fo thing. but sometimes, i like to think of the cafe as a dialgoue -- and sometimes better to get advice in context rather than post a whole sperate thread.

thing is I don't need chipper. I have bombers like: abreu, beltran, pujols, blalock, tex, crosby, hafner on a fairly deep 11 team league. I would like some steals and ba.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby warrick95 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:15 pm

That's what I think, too. I mean, if you're clogging up the Talk board with trade questions, that may not be good and will slow the boards down. But since this thread was made with a separate discussion already present, I think it's alright to discuss a similar topic.

Umm, Chipper's value is just so low right now, that I would have trouble finding it inside me to deal him for near nothing. I'd really rather deal Tex who's been red hot, or maybe even Blalock, and acquire somebody better for them. That's just me...I still think Chipper can get out of his slump.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pomplona's finest » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:21 pm

That's what I think, too. I mean, if you're clogging up the Talk board with trade questions, that may not be good and will slow the boards down. But since this thread was made with a separate discussion already present, I think it's alright to discuss a similar topic.

Completely agreed. I hate it when others know they are posting in the wrong forum and demand advice. This is a different case, and I don't mind as the long as it doesn't stray off of the topic at hand.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby great gretzky » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:12 am

i'm sorry, not trying to hijack or post out of order, just trying to get advice.

since tons of people weighed in on a relevant topic, I thought I would ask.

I tend to think, that yea, don't post your intial trade questions etc here, but we are talking about benson as it is, my questions was mostly realted to benson.

sorry if I stepped on any toes....
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers