Moehler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Moehler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moehler

Postby umjewboy » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:25 am

curious as to how people think Moehler will do in the NL. I'm in an NL-only 5 x 5 keeper league (complete with salary cap and everything). I probably don't have enough pitching to win it all, and I don't know if I have the cap room to get Rogers or Byrd, if they were to be traded to the NL. Should I make a strong push for Moehler? should I continue to negotiate for Schilling, Wood, and Millwood? Should I only try to trade for 1 of those 3 or 2? Or should I continue negotiations, and make a push for Moehler? Opinions on Moehler's numbers in the NL?
umjewboy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Moehler

Postby ntremain23 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:25 am

Moehler has some hot bats to back him up (Kearns,Dunn,Casey,Boone,and hopefully Griffey).So he will have solid run production.In his first start he seemed shaky in the first,giving up 4 runs,but then didn't allow any more runs.My opinion is that he will have a few shaky starts but overall will be solid the rest of the season for the contending Reds.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:00 am

My first advice would be to put some effort into trading for Millwood. He's going to have a strong second half and you might get him at semi-bargain prices.

As for Moehler, besides the 3 run homer he gave up in the 1st he had a pretty solid outing his first time with the Reds. If he pitches well, the potent Reds offense should pick him up some wins. I don't know what other options you have in your league, but I see Moehler as a "wait and see what he does with his next start" if it's solid to great, grab'em while you can.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers