I can only pray RJ doesnt end up in a Yank uniform! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I can only pray RJ doesnt end up in a Yank uniform!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I can only pray RJ doesnt end up in a Yank uniform!

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:01 pm

If there is a god .. I will pray this weekend to him that RJohnson doesnt end up a Yankee... I am so sick of the Yankees trying to buy championships .. its about time that teams figured out that Yankee prospects are mostly overhyped. Being from NY I can name about a 2 week period in which I got sick of hearing Cashman cry to the newspapers on how the Yankees have great prospects.. thats BULL..they are average at best. On that note I hope Boston sends Nomar to the Cubs for Clement... I hope that RJ goes to the Angels... I hope the Twins can get Benson... and I hope the Mets arent stupid enough to trade Kazmir for an old 29 V Zambrano.
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I can only pray RJ doesnt end up in a Yank uniform!

Postby rmeesig » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:06 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote: Being from NY I can name about a 2 week period in which I got sick of hearing Cashman cry to the newspapers on how the Yankees have great prospects.. thats BULL..they are average at best.

Please do.

Cashman has been pretty tight lipped for the past month. The most I've heard him say is - "If the deadline were today, we wouldn't be making a deal" regarding trades. Cashman's no dummy, and wouldn't reveal his hand prematurely.

I'd like to see where you read him touting NYY prospects. I can provide you with an article quoting a Diamonbacks scout (Lambe) saying that he was impressed with NYY prospects.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: I can only pray RJ doesnt end up in a Yank uniform!

Postby blankman » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:08 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:I got sick of hearing Cashman cry to the newspapers on how the Yankees have great prospects.. thats BULL..they are average at best.

And you have more knowledge of the Yankees' prospects than Cashman does. ;-7

I'm not disputing that they may be thin now, but just because Gammons, a Yankee hater, said they have no prospects, doesn't mean its the case.

SonsofSlam, you said their prospects are average at best, without showing that you have any actual knowledge of them or substantiated your claim with a single piece of evidence. How can I not believe you? ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby SuperHippo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:28 pm

Baseball Prospectus on Yankee Prospects
SuperHippo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Blankman response

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:41 pm

You have OBVIOUSLY not read the local papers for the last 2 weeks .. in which Cashman has been quoted numerous times as stating how the Yankee farm system is as good now as in the past. As for questioning my ability to gather information regarding rookies, that is not a very hard thing to do especially here in NY. Finally to further along my point about how the Yankee prospects have been overhyped for the last few years... The last quality prospects they Yanks traded were names Milton and Guzman .. A LONG LONG time ago! ....
Please god dont let the Yanks get RJ!
180$ Mil Payroll and they are still not good enough to win .. what a joke!
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Blankman response

Postby rmeesig » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:51 pm

SonsofSlam04 wrote:You have OBVIOUSLY not read the local papers for the last 2 weeks .. in which Cashman has been quoted numerous times as stating how the Yankee farm system is as good now as in the past. As for questioning my ability to gather information regarding rookies, that is not a very hard thing to do especially here in NY. Finally to further along my point about how the Yankee prospects have been overhyped for the last few years... The last quality prospects they Yanks traded were names Milton and Guzman .. A LONG LONG time ago! ....
Please god dont let the Yanks get RJ!
180$ Mil Payroll and they are still not good enough to win .. what a joke!

Hmmm..he's a GM trying to make a trade for one of the top pitchers in MLB. What do you expect him to say?

"Hi Mr.Colangelo, I know our prospects aren't very good, but we'd like to give them to you for the best player you have."

I still don't believe he's been quoted touting the NYY farm system though. I've read pretty much every available article and posted them here (Amazinz and Nulham can attest to that) and have yet to see Cash reveal his hand.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Rmeesig response

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:09 pm

Rmeesig ... I am not questioning the job Cashman is doing, he is doing what a good GM should do: which is not show his hand and tell the NY media how great the Yankee prospects are. He wasnt quoted as talking about anyone in particular, just as saying how good overall their farm system is and how "the cupboard is not empty". All i spoke of was how its about time that other teams started to realize that the Yanks overhype their prospects, then move them for some other team's Trophy player.

The New York Daily News and The New York Post had several articles in which Cashman has kept reiterating how the Yanks farm system is doing well.
Last but not least, didnt one of the Yanks VP's recently get the axe for the condition of the minor leagues? Maybe someone could help me identify who it was that was fired from the Evil Empire's organization.

Please god dont let RJ goto the Yanks...
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers