Trading for Torii - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trading for Torii

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading for Torii

Postby nkeitt » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:43 am

A guy in my league is asking for starting pitching in exchange for power hitting. I am middle of the pack in basically everything, and could use some offensive boost.

I want to trade for Torii Hunter, but the only SP I have that is even close in a 1for1 is Pedro, and I can't afford to lose him. So how does this sound:

Freddy Garcia or Roy Halladay plus Urbina (he's tried to get Urbina off me a couple of times) for Hunter.

If he bites, which of the following FA SP's is my best bet for replacing Garcia/Halladay?

R. Lopez
Rogers
Haynes
Okha
Lieber
Wakefield
Ortiz
Duckworth
Suppan
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Hunter....

Postby ntremain23 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:39 am

No gurantees,but your best bet would be trade Halladay and Urbina for Hunter.But there are a few things you need to think about before making that trade.Can you afford to give up a quality SP?Can you afford to get rid of a closer?Who are your current OF's?
About the FA's,Rodrigo Lopez is a surprise to be a FA and i'd grab him and grab him quick.Rogers is also a great pickup.I wouldn't bother with Haynes,Ohka,Wakefield,Ortiz,or Suppan.But Duckworth and Lieber are both quality starters and could help you out too.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Postby Chicago » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:02 am

Yes, make that trade and pick up Lopez from the FA list. You'll be getting a huge boost in offense in Tori Hunter, and you'll end up losing some K's with Halladay and maybe even picking up a few wins in the process. This is a trade the will vastly improve your team. Go for it! ;-D
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SirStanley » Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:32 am

Definitely go for it if you can get Lopez as a FA...he just went 5-0 for the month of July 2.57 ERA and 1.07 WHIP ....
SirStanley
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nkeitt » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:21 pm

Well he went for the trade, but R. Lopez is off the FA list. However, O. Hernandez is available now. Should I grab him instead?
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ntremain23 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:11 pm

El Duque's healthy for now but who knows how long it will last.He's been injury prone all year.If it was me I would pick him up right now and see how his next few starts go.If he looks good and healthy,ride him out.If he doesn't,then reavaluate your options on the FA list.A healthy El Duque will definately help any teams pitching staff.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:58 am

Go with El Duque and hope for the best. If he becomes injured (again...), you can always look for someone else then.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nkeitt » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:16 pm

Thanks for the advice, I picked him up today and I'll let you know how it goes. ;-D
nkeitt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers