It's happening, buy up A's players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

It's happening, buy up A's players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

It's happening, buy up A's players

Postby Kingsac » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:41 pm

The second half explosion is here. Today makes 5 straight wins for the A's and the offense is kicking. From Kotsay to Burnes the A's are really starting to mash. The rotation is strong with the comming return of Huddy and the bullpen seems to finally be stable. So if you can try and grab Chavez, Dye, Crosby, Byrnes, Kotsay and prepare to ride the wave. From here on out those guys will be hard to come by.

I guess Boston will have to focus on beating out Tex, and Anehiem, cuz were takin the division!

(Note these words have been written so that in the case of being incorrect, they can easily be digested!)
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:49 pm

The Expos just won 4 or 5 in a row too, should I go grab Brian Schneider?
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jumpman8288 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:The Expos just won 4 or 5 in a row too, should I go grab Brian Schneider?

Well, Schneider is a great 2nd half hitter (everyone knows that).
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:53 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:The Expos just won 4 or 5 in a row too, should I go grab Brian Schneider?

You've apparently taken it upon yourself to assign yourself the position of Cafe humorist. Evidently someone, probably a close relative with extremely clouded judgement, informed you that you were a wildly funny individual, and that your future is in comedy.

They were wrong. You aren't funny. You're just boring.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:55 pm

I was wondering when I would see the Fatguys daily idiotic post. And it seems to be here. Oh and the As are always monstrous 2nd half teams. And since you seem to be an As fan, have you heard any news about when Huddy is coming back?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pomplona's finest » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:57 pm

You've apparently taken it upon yourself to assign yourself the position of Cafe humorist. Evidently someone, probably a close relative with extremely clouded judgement, informed you that you were a wildly funny individual, and that your future is in comedy.

Thanks! ;-D
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:01 pm

thehat wrote:

"probably a close relative with extremely clouded judgement"
LOL ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby josebach » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:02 pm

thehat wrote:

FatGuy, unfortunately whatever you post from here on out will probably not be received very well due to your posts in past threads. My recommendation to you? Create a new login and start fresh. Everybody deserves a second chance.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:08 pm

Would you start Dye over, H. Matsui, Carlos Lee, or Hafner (util). Before he was my starter over either Lee or Hafner, but both have been hot... Do you think he will fare better then them in the coming weeks?
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Postby Kingsac » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:08 pm

Huddy has a rehab assignment apparently on Saturday with a start schedualed for Aug 5 or 6 against the parasite boys. This is all comming from CBS, however I find it odd they would bring him back to face NY as his come back game. I wouldn't be surprised if he started against Minn. So expect him then. We got to go put the smack down against Texas again next series. Expect a win and 2er for Zito and a sweep for the good guys!
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers