Possible Deadline deals? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Possible Deadline deals?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:34 pm

I would like to see the Jays unload Delgado for anything - a bucket of chicken, a chalupa, I don't care, just so long as we don't have to pay him and can use the money to get somebody for our bullpen who doesn't throw like one of the Olsen twins.

Then I want to see some of our young arms come up Dustin McGowan etc... and a few or our position players Quiroz etc.. to see how they do.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

lol

Postby bluefire7 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:51 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:I think the Expos might trade Vladimir Guerrero to the Angels

oh no!! i'd better deal him to someone else in my NL only league quick..

lolz.. i really really hope you were being sarcastic...
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:25 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I would like to see the Jays unload Delgado for anything - a bucket of chicken, a chalupa, I don't care, just so long as we don't have to pay him and can use the money to get somebody for our bullpen who doesn't throw like one of the Olsen twins.

Then I want to see some of our young arms come up Dustin McGowan etc... and a few or our position players Quiroz etc.. to see how they do.

Hate to tell you Mookie, but unfortunately McGowan went under the knife for some TJ. His season is lost, but I will continue to pimp David Bush as I have twice at this cafe.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... david+bush

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... david+bush

It just seems he's not getting the attention he deserves, and look out for McGowan in likely 06'. ;-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRaven » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:59 pm

Man, sarcasm is just lost on a lot of people
TheRaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:24 pm

Bad sarcasm is lost on some people.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:34 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'm not necessarily asking for deals that people have heard about. I'm just asking about what types of deals that u guys would like to see your teams make (realistic ones, of course).

i would like to see the cardinals add another good bullpen arm. since a trade to improve the starting rotation isnt going to happen the pitching could still be improved by adding someone like luis vizcaino from milwaukee. he was excellent in 2002 and having a solid 2004. he was once thought to be potential closer material until an awful 2003. if he were to remain with the cards after this season he could be an option to replace izzy should izzy not be brought back or a free agent alternative could not be found. or if a reliever couldnt be found then a left fielder.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers