Big Unit to the Yankees possibly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Unit to the Yankees possibly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Just Admit It Pete » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:36 pm

This is clearly what is wrong with Baseball :-t .

All you Yankee fans can justify it with your garbage all you want. One rumor has the Yankees agreeing to eat all the salary of Alomar and Mantei (over $8 million) to get R.J. which is just disturbing.

While the rest of us fans have to wonder day by day if we are sellers or buyers, you guys keep replacing injured superstars with superstars. It's horseshit. :-t
"Hey, hows your wife and my kids"
Just Admit It Pete
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:44 pm

Just Admit It Pete wrote:This is clearly what is wrong with Baseball :-t .

All you Yankee fans can justify it with your garbage all you want. One rumor has the Yankees agreeing to eat all the salary of Alomar and Mantei (over $8 million) to get R.J. which is just disturbing.

While the rest of us fans have to wonder day by day if we are sellers or buyers, you guys keep replacing injured superstars with superstars. It's horseshit. :-t

I've said it time and time again. I don't want Randy. I'd rather have Tino Martinez.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shortsavage » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:48 pm

Does anyone know what the track records of the teams that have received acts of charity from the Yankees are (in terms of rebuilding their futures)?
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:50 pm

shortsavage wrote:Does anyone know what the track records of the teams that have received acts of charity from the Yankees are (in terms of rebuilding their futures)?

I know alot of those prospects aren't anything but Mike Lowell is a star, Nick Johnson is a solid player who will get better, and guys like Claussen could have good futures. Other than that, I don't really know.

Edit: Also Ted Lilly became a decent pitcher after the Yankees dealt him for *gulp* Jeff Weaver.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tiger spit » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:55 pm

from rototimes

ESPN's Peter Gammons reports that Randy Johnson (P) ARZ told D'Backs general manager Joe Garagiola on Tuesday night that he would not accept a trade to the Dodgers. Johnson said it's either the Yankees or nothing.
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:02 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:geez im posting it cuz it is giving information to when he will be traded or if he is cuz this practically tells he is going there tomorrow sometime geez u guys gotta make big deals about anything i post

Maybe that's because alot of your posts are just idiotic. For example a few minutes ago you wrote that the Expos might trade Vlad to the Angels at the deadline. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously?

And there has been a million topics on Randy and the Yankees, so by the title of this thread, we can tell this is just repeat information for the most part. We KNOW there's a possibility of Randy going to the Yankees. There's enough topics on it.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:08 pm

Just Admit It Pete wrote:This is clearly what is wrong with Baseball :-t .

The rules and many of the owners who pocket their revenue-sharing, luxary tax money, are what is wrong with baseball. You can't blame the Yankees for following the rules.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Jester » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:15 pm

I don't blame the Yankees for having the money to exploit the rules, I just wish small market teams in their division had a chance.
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Big Unit to the Yankees possibly

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:02 am

Rico The Retard wrote:A paper in New York today reports

Randy Johnson's career with The Diamondbacks may be over in the next 24 hours, according to a major league official who says the left-hander has asked that a trade to the New York Yankees be completed in time for his next start on Friday.
. In anticipation of success, the Yankees have moved Jose Contreras up a day in the rotation, leaving Friday open for the Big Unit's debut in the Bronx

uuummm the reason why contreras is pitching thursday is because kevin brown will be returning and pitching friday...........just wanted to let u know........
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:21 am

Wait a second. The Yankees are interested in RJ?? Any links?? This is the first I have heard of it. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers