7th inning FBB startegies.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

7th inning FBB startegies....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

7th inning FBB startegies....

Postby dobie76 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:45 pm

It seems the guys that know what they are doing in my league are starting to dump their pitchers for hot hitters. I'm in 1st place currently, but am worried since this is my first season that I'll fade down the stretch. The league has 5 pitching stats and 5 hitting stats, and I know that a couple of the guys are in good shape on their "max innings pitched", so they aren't in danger of going over. Any suggestions from anyone for the last 3rd of the season for a newbie?
dobie76
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:55 pm

Going over you max innings isn't that big of a deal as long as you are getting good value from your pitchers. The best thing you can do as the season starts to wind down is to look for single point improvements you can make. Look through the standings and find places you are only a few points behind in and try to focus on those categories. If you are trailing someone by 5-10 SB try grabbing an extra speedster or the same for any of the categories. If you are in first place right now you are doing something right so don't overreact to what others are doing trying to catch you.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:56 pm

i think your fine the other teams are just trying to get the hot hitters to see if they will stay hot so they can keep them for rest of the year
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers