Santana is making some of y'all look mighty dumb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Santana is making some of y'all look mighty dumb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:44 am

SuperHippo wrote:I traded Kaz Matsui for Santana when Santana was struggling early this season :-B

mazel tov. ;-D

Santana has been utterly dominant in the last 2 months. Blue chipper to the fullest.

A cy young is in his future, and after some of the older gentleman fade away from the fantasy scopes (i.e RJ, Schilling, KB, and Moose) he will take his place with Prior, Wood and other's as the game's elite.

Heck, he's probably already there.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:44 am

nsulham wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Just thought I'd also mention that Sheets allowed 4 runs to a much weaker offense tonight. ;-)

As a Sheets owner don't remind me. Ugh. The 8 k's were nice though :-?

I'm guessing this is a jab at someone though slo? :-b

Yeah, have you not seen the NUMEROUS sheets vs. Santana threads. There were some AVID Sheets supporters, basically doing everything short of calling him Sandy Koufax. 8-o

Let me know if you need help finding them, I'll try to use that search feature I've heard so much about O:-)

Eh I haven't exactly followed those threads I guess. Damn laziness :-/

Probably also explains why I've been here almost 2 years and STILL haven't reached 1K yet ;-)

That's OK, apparently you don't have a job which grants internet access?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:44 am

You're kidding about Sheets right? Prior to tonight's game the guy has 2.45 ERA, .94 WHIP and 9.82 K/9 ratio.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:46 am

Amazinz wrote:You're kidding about Sheets right? Prior to tonight's game the guy has 2.45 ERA, .94 WHIP and 9.82 K/9 ratio.

Prior to tonight's game, in the last month, Johan has 40 IP, 55 Ks 1.12 ERA .63 WHIP.

Now THAT'S what I call a stud. Again, that was before tonight's game.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby nsulham » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 am

slomo007 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Just thought I'd also mention that Sheets allowed 4 runs to a much weaker offense tonight. ;-)

Yeah, have you not seen the NUMEROUS sheets vs. Santana threads. There were some AVID Sheets supporters, basically doing everything short of calling him Sandy Koufax. 8-o

Let me know if you need help finding them, I'll try to use that search feature I've heard so much about O:-)

Probably also explains why I've been here almost 2 years and STILL haven't reached 1K yet ;-)

Sports writer...so it's not exactly your typical 9-5 in the office job. When I do have gaps of time in the office to just piss the time away I come here though.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:51 am

nsulham wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
nsulham wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
nsulham wrote:

Sports writer...so it's not exactly your typical 9-5 in the office job. When I do have gaps of time in the office to just piss the time away I come here though.

I would absolutely love to know where you work, as I am an on-air personality, but was a beat writer for the Standard Star in Westchester County, NY for about 2 years.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:55 am

slomo007 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:You're kidding about Sheets right? Prior to tonight's game the guy has 2.45 ERA, .94 WHIP and 9.82 K/9 ratio.

Prior to tonight's game, in the last month, Johan has 40 IP, 55 Ks 1.12 ERA .63 WHIP.

Oh I think Santana is better than Sheets. But I definitely believe Sheets is in the process of becoming a stud.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:56 am

Amazinz wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Oh I think Santana is better than Sheets. But I definitely believe Sheets is in the process of becoming a stud.

I agree....but Santana is IMO better, but those threads were full of Sheets supporters...yet they disappear after poor games. Hmmmmmm. :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby thehat » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:50 am

I'm a huge Santana booster, and have been all along. But I'm also of the opinion that Sheets is right there as well.

BTW...just what constitutes a poor game in the minds of some of you? Sheets settled down and had an OK line tonight. Gave up the four ER, but had a 1.00 WHIP and 8 K's in 7 Ip. Hardly a disaster. And last time out, his pitching line was worse than it should have been as the Cardinals (who are hitting the crap out of everyone) benefitted from some miserable defense, mostly by Jenkins (no errors were charged, but Jenkins had two misplays that were costly).
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:50 am

Every day, I regret waiting for 1 more start when he was still struggling and was on the WW. :-[
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers