7 card stud on T.V.???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

7 card stud on T.V.????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 7 card stud on T.V.????

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:18 am

Lenny Dykstra wrote:I dont need to see 7 card stud I dont need to see Annie Duke & the rest of the WSOP losers play "BLIND HOLDEM"JUST SHOW HOLDEM.

I think ESPN is just trying to see what the people will watch and what they won't. If they get crappy ratings for these "side" tournaments at the WSOP then they won't show them next year, but if they get ANY interest at all, you'll just get more and more. They have to play the poker craze to its limit.

I also have nothing against them showing Annie Duke either...I think she's cute! :-)
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:09 am

partypoker.com is great. I don't mind stud on TV. I don't like it as much as Texas hold'em but it was interesting. I'm really getting into Omaha hold'em a lot more now.
Last edited by Pogotheostrich on Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:08 am

jetsetpoker.com is the best poker site by far
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Melo255 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:42 pm

I play every day for a living on PartyPoker.com and at Foxwoods. NL Hold'em is my best game by far but Omaha Hi and Seven Stud Hi are a lot of fun to play as well. I can't stand any Hi/Low split games or any forms of Lowball. For some reason I just can't play them well at all.
Celebrity Poker Showdown is a terrible show. The poker is lousy and the celebs are two-bit. Other than Affleck and Martin Sheen there haven't been any big name celebs (that I can remember anyway). For anybody who actually wants to learn poker or improve their game do NOT watch this show. It actually makes you a worse player by thinking you can and should play J8 suited under the gun because you saw some idiot guy from Sex and the City do it and win a big pot.
I can understand that some people only want to see Hold Em on tv but Seven Stud was always the most popular form of poker until a few years ago. Even now the majority of home games in the U.S. include Seven Stud regularly. Omaha is a great game as well. It has all the same subtleties of Hold Em but with more draws and options with your two extra hole cards. Play some Seven Stud and Omaha and maybe it'll change your mind a little, at least in regards to it being boring to watch. If not there's always Hold Em but at least you tried to expand your poker world a little.
Ok the following is sort of like an ad but since I have no personal stake in the website I feel I can talk about it without being an ass:
My personal recommendation for anybody who wants to really improve their game is http://www.Pokerschoolonline.com
It's software you download to play on. It includes a ton of extras aside from just playing. I really cannot list them all and frankly I wouldn't be able to explain it well at all so if you have any interest in bettering your game just check the site out yourself.
It costs money so be forewarned but it's the biggest reason for my success. If you don't want to take my word for it how about Mattias Anderson. He finished 8th out of 2576 people and won $575,000 at this years WSOP Main Event ( you will all see him on ESPN in a few weeks ). I've played with him online at Pokerschoolonline quite a bit and I've beat him a few times however usually he kicks my ass. I'm working on it though. http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/tou ... ltable.htm
That's all.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jumpman8288 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:34 pm

Madison wrote:If things work out, I'll be entered into the main event next year and maybe a few of the smaller ones. :-)

Really? I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for you at the final tables ;-D
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:43 pm

say hi to moneymaker for me
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:46 pm

Melo255 wrote:He finished 8th out of 2576 people and won $575,000 at this years WSOP Main Event ( you will all see him on ESPN in a few weeks ).

Interesting post, but if we're going to compare the quality of players at the sites, then how about this:

2003 WSOP Champion--Chris Moneymaker
2004 WSOP Champion--Greg Raymer
2004 WSOP Runner up--David William
2004 WSOP 7th place----Matt Dean
2004 WSOP 9th place---Michael McClain

Know what all those guys have in common? They all play at Pokerstars and Greg, David, Matt, and Michael will be at the final table as well in a few weeks on ESPN.

Not to mention that the 1983 WSOP Champion Tom McEvoy also plays at Pokerstars. ;-)

Now for anyone who finds Phil Helmuth as annoying as I do, you can take a shot at him at AbsolutePoker.com. That's where he plays.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:23 am

Madison wrote:Now for anyone who finds Phil Helmuth as annoying as I do, you can take a shot at him at AbsolutePoker.com. That's where he plays.
Annoying but entertaining. He is the guy everyone loves to hate. I always watch when he plays hoping his opponent will suck one out on the river just to see Helmuth rant like a lunatic.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 382)

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:32 am

i just plain dont like him if you watch him on TV he is always a cocky jerk to his opponents i just dont like him
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:41 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Madison wrote:Now for anyone who finds Phil Helmuth as annoying as I do, you can take a shot at him at AbsolutePoker.com. That's where he plays.
Annoying but entertaining. He is the guy everyone loves to hate. I always watch when he plays hoping his opponent will suck one out on the river just to see Helmuth rant like a lunatic.

I saw the WPT (World Poker Tour) on the travel channel last night and they were advertising next week's show. Seems Helmuth gets handed a bad beat an goes nuts with the whining. I can't wait to see it. It should be aired next Wednesday night on the Travel Channel. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk