Steve Finley: Waiving Goodbye to the Desert This Evening? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steve Finley: Waiving Goodbye to the Desert This Evening?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Steve Finley: Waiving Goodbye to the Desert This Evening?

Postby shortsavage » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:00 pm

Steve Finley was removed for the Houston/D'backs game sometime after his third at bat in the sixth inning of tonight's contest. Was this due to a trade?

I'm tuning into the telecast now to see if I can find out more.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:30 pm

Not sure you're right, but I just assumed it was because the d-backs were losing 10-0 at the time.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:42 pm

I thought about that, however no other position starters were removed from the game.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:46 pm

shortsavage wrote:I thought about that, however no other position starters were removed from the game.

It was probably just precautionary. I'm sure he'll be traded by the deadline so no reason to risk an injury in a 10-0 blow-out. If it was a trade we'd have probably heard about it by now.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:
shortsavage wrote:I thought about that, however no other position starters were removed from the game.

It was probably just precautionary. I'm sure he'll be traded by the deadline so no reason to risk an injury in a 10-0 blow-out. If it was a trade we'd have probably heard about it by now.

Yep, that is probably the case. Suffering through a week of fantasy baseball that, if a game of hearts, would be one where I would try to get every points card, I was eagerly hoping to be excited by a trade of my newly aquired #4 OF :-b .
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby matmat » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:06 pm

LGon should be the first player taken out for the Dbacks in precautionary/blowout situations.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:26 pm

I love trade deadline week...so much speculation... ;-D

Finley did say he would not waive his no trade clause for an East Coast team....so that eliminates FLA and PHI... :-?
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:32 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:I love trade deadline week...so much speculation... ;-D

Finley did say he would not waive his no trade clause for an East Coast team....so that eliminates FLA and PHI... :-?

Good. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slow Pitch » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:54 pm

matmat wrote:

LGon should be the first player taken out for the Dbacks in precautionary/blowout situations.

I would want him to be traded the very last day this week.....seeing as he has games in Houston & Colorado.....dont be so anxious.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shortsavage » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:05 am

Well, I believe that he has set his own trading deadline of Thursday, so he will not be playing in Coors if Arizona ends up trading him.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers