Pic o' the day - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pic o' the day

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby perlick29 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:54 pm

I haven't been to pokerstars.com yet. I didn't know they allowed for avatars although I do know they have a good track record of producing WSOP champs.

As you may know Mad i'll be there in 05'. I just wanted to give you a heads-up that should we go heads-up at the final table, I'm going all-in quick.

DO YOU CALL? :-D

(he doesn't know I have 9-3 offsuit pre-flop guys) Oh shoot, now he knows I do! ...

Or do I?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:01 am

as the chip leader i just watch u guys eat each apart as the we are the final 3 at 2005 WSOP. So all i have to do is go all in with ya a couple times and ill eventually win(yesssssss 5 million dollars for me)
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:03 am

I'm waiting for Urge to say, "I'll hit that ....... in a few years."
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:22 am

Great pic Amazins! :-D

Perlick, should we make the final table, I plan on having suited aces every hand. :-b I think you'll get that joke, but if you don't get it, think about it a bit. :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby perlick29 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:30 am

Yeh, I read you loud and clear Mad. It's like I always say when impersonating Dutch Boyd from 2003:

"I've just gone on amazing rush of luck today. I've gotten Aces like 5 times today. And Kings like 8 times! Really? No! But that's what I want them to think."

Mad if you have the bullets, then I'm in trouble considering I haven't ever cracked them but seem to get them cracked about every tournament. It's how I went out in Foxwoods and in Philadelphia, for a 5th place finish in Philly. Heartbreak City in the City of Brotherly love, my friends were calling it for a while. I never seemed to find that very comforting though. :~( :~( :~( :~( I'll still nver know why that guy called with J-8 off-suit and made four cards to a club flush.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:34 am

perlick29 wrote:Yeh, I read you loud and clear Mad. It's like I always say when impersonating Dutch Boyd from 2003:

"I've just gone on amazing rush of luck today. I've gotten Aces like 5 times today. And Kings like 8 times! Really? No! But that's what I want them to think."

Mad if you have the bullets, then I'm in trouble considering I haven't ever cracked them but seem to get them cracked about every tournament. It's how I went out in Foxwoods and in Philadelphia, for a 5th place finish in Philly. Heartbreak City in the City of Brotherly love, my friends were calling it for a while. I never seemed to find that very comforting though. :~( :~( :~( :~( I'll still nver know why that guy called with J-8 off-suit and made four cards to a club flush.

You've never cracked bullets? Wow. Seems I hold them at least once a day and I probably have them cracked about once every week to week and a half. I don't slow play them either. I get the bullets, I'm all in. Come get me. Slow playing bullets is asking to be beaten.

I've actually won and lost with pocket aces vs. pocket aces thanks to 4 card flushes. Very, very rare, but it does happen.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby irishdude103 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:35 am

lol
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby perlick29 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:44 am

Madison wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Yeh, I read you loud and clear Mad. It's like I always say when impersonating Dutch Boyd from 2003:

You've never cracked bullets? Wow. Seems I hold them at least once a day and I probably have them cracked about once every week to week and a half. I don't slow play them either. I get the bullets, I'm all in. Come get me. Slow playing bullets is asking to be beaten.

I've actually won and lost with pocket aces vs. pocket aces thanks to 4 card flushes. Very, very rare, but it does happen.

Oh, believe I've had my share of aces cracked before as I explained, I've just never cracked anyone else's, that I can remember.

The one at foxwwods: Had the bulls, and a pro, Daniel something (not negreanu) raises me all-in pre-flop after I raised to 3.5 times the pot siz thinking I was stealing. Of course I called, and for some reason I felt like saying out loud, "don't spike me!" Sure enough flop: J-8-2 rainbow. Looking good, only thing he really could have is an uh-oh 10 on the turn, but not to fear I mean what are the odds really of a...

DEALER: "Queen of Diamonds, we got a straight on the river here!"

Thanks dealer that was really uplifting to me. I shook his hand, he said I was a great player the whole tourney. Then I went to the nice Foxwoods bathroom facilties and washed my hands for 15 mins. as I wanted to wash them clean of the whole event. :-t

That's my story and it still haunts me, along with the Philly tourney, every time I see aces.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:20 am

Perlick29 wrote:The one at foxwwods: Had the bulls, and a pro, Daniel something (not negreanu) raises me all-in pre-flop after I raised to 3.5 times the pot siz thinking I was stealing. Of course I called, and for some reason I felt like saying out loud, "don't spike me!" Sure enough flop: J-8-2 rainbow. Looking good, only thing he really could have is an uh-oh 10 on the turn, but not to fear I mean what are the odds really of a...

DEALER: "Queen of Diamonds, we got a straight on the river here!"

Thanks dealer that was really uplifting to me. I shook his hand, he said I was a great player the whole tourney. Then I went to the nice Foxwoods bathroom facilties and washed my hands for 15 mins. as I wanted to wash them clean of the whole event. :-t

That's my story and it still haunts me, along with the Philly tourney, every time I see aces.

I've cracked aces a few times myself. The first one that comes to mind is I was in a tourney and ended up with a short stack due to not seeing any cards for over an hour (blinds hurt me) and a flush suck out on the one hand I played in that hour.

Anyway, I got big slick suited clubs on the small blind. Only one player called the blinds, so I raised all in figuring I would be able to buy the blinds and survive another round at the table. I ended up not only being called by the big blind, but he reraised all in. The one player who called the blinds quickly folded and the big blind revealed his aces. I turned up my A/K suited clubs and the whole table got very quiet. A few of the guys I had gotten to know looked at me with faces that said it all. Good play, but tough break.

So while I figured I was dead, I knew there was a shot at hitting the flush. Dealer shows the flop and there was 10/3/2 suited clubs! :-B Flop the nut flush and cannot lose the hand unless the last ace plus a king or two running kings hit. They didn't and I took the hand plus doubling up. 2 hands later I caught pocket kings and doubled up again. I ended up finishing the tourney in 18th place out of over 500 entries, so I made a few bucks and wasn't complaining in the least. The guy whose aces I broke ended up finishing 3rd. I had played at tables for quite some time and had just started getting my feet wet in tourneys and I was definitely pleased with the results.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby pomplona's finest » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:23 pm

It seems that there are a lot of poker veterans around here. Someone should start a thread so all of you could parlor your wisdom and great tales of glory.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk