Ok, I'll ask: What's up with Piazza? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ok, I'll ask: What's up with Piazza?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mordraken » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:36 pm

I totally agree with jdh. Trades should only be vetoed when someone is cheating or colluding. This was a pretty even trade (for the reasons jdh mentioned. Even if it wasn't, you can't protect owners from their own poor decisions... I mean - if you had offered Toby Hall for Kent as a starting point to negotiations and he accepted... would you also veto that even when you offered it?
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jebatzel » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:41 pm

guess I was a little angry about the trades he vetoed of mine in the past.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Mordraken » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:42 pm

jebatzel wrote:guess I was a little angry about the trades he vetoed of mine in the past.

JB

Like I said... no trades should be vetoed unless there's collusion. Sounds like you have a bad Commish....
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jebatzel » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:49 pm

I guess that makes it more of a challenge then.

Its a Yahoo private league we have at my work. I finished in 3rd place last year after finishing in 2nd place. I had been in first for 80% of the year till the last week.

Below a note to the league after the Kendall trade.

" As commish, I accept all fair trades right away after I verify the trade is fair and not one sided.

There have been 3 trades so far:

Kent for Synes and Kendall: I needed a 2B and Dan needed a catcher. I traded one of the top 4 catchers and the 2B for the Rockies for one of the top 2 2B. Kent will hopefully have a good year, despite not having Bonds behind anymore. Kendall has fully recovered from injury and is going to have a good year in the revamped Pirate line-up. There is no ceiling to what Synes will do at Coors field. FAIR

Castillo for MacDougal and Walker: Greg needed a closer, so I traded him a closer and the RedSox 2B (who bats between Nomar and Manny) for Castillo. FAIR

Crede for Beltre: Beltre is batting .227 and Crede is batting .308. The trade was slighty unfair, but this is a league that everyone knows each other, so if you want to make a one for one trade in hopes that things will change for the player, go ahead. FAIR"
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers