D. Eckstein still dragging booty: Stick with him? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

D. Eckstein still dragging booty: Stick with him?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D. Eckstein still dragging booty: Stick with him?

Postby kcs261 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:35 pm

What's the deal with this guy. We're into the third week and he still isn't hitting. He's batting something like .184 right now. My gut tells me stick with him, but the guy is driving me crazy. My league also has shallow benches, so it's hard to pick up another backup SS without dumping Eck. Vizquel is sitting on the wire, and so is Woodward. Woodward is still a bit of a wild card. But I didn't have Vizquel too far away from Eck in my preseason ratings. Do I stick with Eck? Or do I grab Vizquel or Woodward?
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colts4653 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:46 pm

I'm in the same boat you are. Lemme know if you come to any conclusions, I haven't yet. I know he'll pull it out eventually, but you wonder if all those little nagging injuries are catching up?
colts4653
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kcs261 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:01 am

It's tough. I'm starting to wonder if these nagging injuries are catching up to him, too. Well, answer this for me, if you feel comfortable: If I dumped Eckstein for Vizquel, would that be the kind of move that other owners would think I was crazy for making? I know it doesn't make sense. But I hate taking crap for dumping a player that other people think I shouldn't have dumped. It totally sucks when you dump a guy, and he starts ripping it up for another team. My league is made up full a bunch of buddies. So I'll never hear the end of it if I make a bad waiver.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:39 am

I think Eckstein will be fine and over the season will be better than Vizquel. Keep in mind that it is very common for players to go into slump stretches where they hit like .180, but you are only really noticing it now because that's all the stats you have. What you could do is if you have a bench space, pick up one of the other SS and play them until Eckstein starts hitting. I wouldn't drop him.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UMTerp29 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:51 am

As a fellow eckstein owner, I feel your pain. I am in a very deep 14 team league, so there is NOTHING on the waiver wire. Best thing to do is just ride it out. I think he'll come out of it and put up #'s similar to last year.
UMTerp29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers