KRIS BENSON to the TWINS??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KRIS BENSON to the TWINS???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:30 am

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:A high BBA in scoring situations...combined with low innings...a declining K/BB rate...and switching leagues....I see Suppan with the BoSox last year... :-?

Whoa man real original...they've only been giving this comparision on ESPN for the past 48 hours.

Before you call me out...you better have your facts straight...I have had a problem with him for a while....

DieHardCubbie wrote:Benson intrigues me....but his numbers just don't back up him being an above average SP.....His H/9 has climbed almost 2.5 points.....his K/9 has droped a half a point.....That said, I would wait until he gets moved and see where he ends up...more than that what pitching coach he will have....before I made a move on him....

From March 19, 2004

DieHardCubbie wrote:Benson is a wimp...sorry to be blunt but he can't handle what the bigs will put on a pitcher...Dr. Andrews and Dr. Snell are very good doctors....and Benson is ..well...where is Jeremy Shockey....Oh wait...I didn't say that...

From Aug 9th, 2003

DieHardCubbie wrote:I would go ahead and make the swap...just keep an eye on Benson...if trade rumors come true, he might be worth picking up again....

In referance to moving him for Glavine...May 1, 2004

I do have a problem with you....but If you want to call me out again...get you facts straight... }:-)
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:37 am

wrveres I was very amused by that multiple choice test. Great way to put that in perspective. ;-D

And DHC, as soon as I hear Benson's name being mentioned I do immediately think Suppan from last year. ;-D

I think giving up restovich and doug makes a good deal though overall though for minnesota. I read in the bible that both him and Cuddyer will make good hitters some day with Restovich topping out around a .550 slg%. But ultimately he's a lot like Wily Mo Pena. That is that they are both stuck on a ball club that is blocking them from utilizing their full potential. Like Pena, Restovich could use a change of scenery to show what he can do.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:39 am

Woah, DHC. would advise you to calm down only because at this point, everyone here at the cafe should know not to take guys like him and the retarded one seriously. I just choose to ignore absolutely everything they say so that maybe they'll close their mouths eventually or get booted out.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:39 am

Those were awesome stats sheets to bring up wrveres! I remember when Schmidt pitched for the Pirates. He had very good stuff, but could never get the wins he deserved. Granted, I think Schmidt has picked up some velocity since he left Pittsburgh, but they really were in the same boat.

Both Schmidt and Benson were/are very high-end pitching prospects playing for bad, bad scoring Pirate teams. Take them away from there, and they become superstars. Just look at Esteban Loaiza and Schmidt...you will probably find Benson's name on this list next. I am just dreading the day we lose Kip Wells to the same fate... :~(
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:57 am

perlick29 wrote:Woah, DHC. would advise you to calm down only because at this point, everyone here at the cafe should know not to take guys like him and the retarded one seriously. I just choose to ignore absolutely everything they say so that maybe they'll close their mouths eventually or get booted out.

perelick....just remember, it is my job to remember what they do...and if this was the first time...then I would be calm...but it is not... ;-)

And I do hope he closes his mouth..... :-)
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:01 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Woah, DHC. would advise you to calm down only because at this point, everyone here at the cafe should know not to take guys like him and the retarded one seriously. I just choose to ignore absolutely everything they say so that maybe they'll close their mouths eventually or get booted out.

perelick....just remember, it is my job to remember what they do...and if this was the first time...then I would be calm...but it is not... ;-)

And I do hope he closes his mouth..... :-)

I know it's your job, and you do a darn fine one at that. In fact, you just made your 8700th post talking to me! An honor for you or me I wonder? :-?
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:13 am

perlick29 wrote:I know it's your job, and you do a darn fine one at that. In fact, you just made your 8700th post talking to me! An honor for you or me I wonder? :-?

To help solid players like you...it is my honor....You guys deserve all the praise....just for allowing us to do what we do... :-)
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:17 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
perlick29 wrote:I know it's your job, and you do a darn fine one at that. In fact, you just made your 8700th post talking to me! An honor for you or me I wonder? :-?

To help solid players like you...it is my honor....You guys deserve all the praise....just for allowing us to do what we do... :-)

I gotta admit I just got a little fahklempt. :,-( Talk amongst yourselves. Here I'll give you a topic:

Rhode Island is neither a Rhode nor an Island. Discuss. :~(

There I feel betta. ;-D
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hbj79 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:42 am

IF the Twins add Benson does that totally remove any possibility of Balfour breaking into the rotation this year? What about next year?
An unemployed jester is nobody's fool.

[b]25[/b]
Hbj79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:50 am

Actually kinda of surprised I didn't see Benson's career turf numbers posted anywhere in here, unless I missed it.

42 GS
283 INN
3.59 ERA
1.22 Ratio ..
.232 BAA ..

Wow .. 8-o
not exactly a small sample size and yet a full point lower on the ol' Career ERA. A huge drop in Batting average too ..
I had to go look because I just assumed that Kris moving to Minnesota would hurt him fantasy wise, especially in WHIP and ERA. But the more I think about it, getting out of the NL Central, even if it is to the AL, may just be a blessing in desguise. He will have the first advantage, as most of the batters are unfamilar with him and may actually pitch with a little motivation since he knows he is competeing for a ring. I am actually surprised that it took this long to trade him. Didn't Kris say he would probably be traded before the season even began? ....

Anyways, yes there are a lot of similarities between Schmidt and Benson, and getting out of an awful Pittsburgh organization has to help. It certainly helped Schmidt. Hell Schmidt is now considered one of the elite, up there with Brown and RJ, just to name a few. But yet nobody except Brian Sabean saw it coming. Maybe the powers that be have actually watched tape into those "turf" numbers I posted up top and Kris is ready to turn the corner.

.. We just don't know it yet .. :-)

The pitcher’s mound is powered by an electric motor and can be raised and lowered at the push of a button. The mound weighs 23,000 pounds and is 18 feet in diameter.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers