Kazmir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Kazmir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kazmir

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:58 pm

Kazmir has been pitching real well since being promoted to AA. Here's a small article about his last outing.

From the Hartford Courant:

Scott Kazmir allowed one run on five hits in seven innings, and the Binghamton Mets ended the Rock Cats' six-game winning streak with a 5-2 victory Sunday in Binghamton, N.Y.

Kazmir (2-1) walked two and struck out seven.

The Rock Cats' Colby Miller (2-4) allowed five runs and six hits in six innings.

Garrett Jones had an RBI single in the sixth and Tommy Watkins a sacrifice fly in the ninth for the Rock Cats.

The Mets scored two in the fifth on Javier Cardona's sacrifice fly and Dave Detienne's RBI single. They took a 3-1 lead in the sixth on Josh Pressley's RBI double. Pressley and Chase Lambin, who was intentionally walked, scored on Chris Basak's double.

Navigators 3, Sea Dogs 1: Josh Habel (4-8) allowed three singles and a run in six innings as Norwich won in Portland, Maine. Chris Curry had a two-run single in the first.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:48 am

I can't wait to get back up to school and hopefully catch him pitch (if he hasn't already been promoted to AAA). I'm already kicking myself for missing David Wright dominate AA. ;-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:08 pm

You go to college at Binghamton?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:29 pm

Yup, SUNY Bing
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:45 pm

I went to Seton Hall in Jersey but my best friend back then went to Binghamton. Went up there about three times a year to party. Great school. Never took a class there though lol. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rirruto » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:26 pm

Yup, definitely a fun school, I kinda dont want to graduate this upcoming May :-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:05 pm

Ugh. Daily News is reporting the the Mets are "softening" their stance on using Scott Kazmir to complete a trade for either Kris Benson or Victor Zambrano. :-/
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:10 pm

That is just idiotic. They need to realize that this is not a championship caliber team THIS year and shouldn't waste their young talent on iffy pitchers like Benson and Zambrano.

Those guys aren't even strikeout pitchers, which I think the Mets desperately need. The Mets may have a top ERA but they're one the worst in K's which is very important as well as a low ERA. Our pitchers can't afford to keep leaving the game in the 5th, 6th inning since batters get so much conact of them.

Not a good trade, Kazmir is a gem.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:17 pm

They didn't actually quote J.D. just referred to "sources" so I am hoping this is just NY media b.s. ;-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:40 pm

Rirruto wrote:I can't wait to get back up to school and hopefully catch him pitch (if he hasn't already been promoted to AAA). I'm already kicking myself for missing David Wright dominate AA. ;-D

So much for watching him up in Binghamton :~(
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to New York Mets