100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi Gonna Die???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:43 pm

pbeall100281 wrote:
blankman wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Super GM wrote:I read that too on ESPN. Kinda scary...So kids, if you lay off steroids, this won't happen to you. ;-D

Man that's a crazy comment. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure these parasites have nothing to do with steroids. It's fun to bash the Yankees but I don't think it's too cool to be making light of Giambi's situation. Just my $.02.

Agreed. The parasites have nothing to do with steriods or lack thereof. Lets all hope he's ok.

Are any of you acutally qualified to say that setriod use has no effect on Giambi's condition? Study the side effects and I bet my .02 cents that roid use can leave you mure suseptable to certian diseases/viruses

Congratulations. You won $.02. High-dosage steroid use can lead to a weakened immune system which can lead to parasite infestation. And I guess this also explains why Kevin Brown has it? Their wives have it too so their immune systems were supressed due to high steroids dosage also, right?

I don't doubt for a second that Giambi used/uses steroids. But it seems a bit asinine to make light of the situation because steroids could be the cause when there is just as good a chance that they are not.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:47 pm

Amazinz wrote:
pbeall100281 wrote:
blankman wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Super GM wrote:I read that too on ESPN. Kinda scary...So kids, if you lay off steroids, this won't happen to you. ;-D

Man that's a crazy comment. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure these parasites have nothing to do with steroids. It's fun to bash the Yankees but I don't think it's too cool to be making light of Giambi's situation. Just my $.02.

Agreed. The parasites have nothing to do with steriods or lack thereof. Lets all hope he's ok.

Are any of you acutally qualified to say that setriod use has no effect on Giambi's condition? Study the side effects and I bet my .02 cents that roid use can leave you mure suseptable to certian diseases/viruses

Congratulations. You won $.02. High-dosage steroid use can lead to a weakened immune system which can lead to parasite infestation. And I guess this also explains why Kevin Brown has it? Their wives have it too so their immune systems were supressed due to high steroids dosage also, right?

I don't doubt for a second that Giambi used/uses steroids. But it seems a bit asinine to make light of the situation because steroids could be the cause when there is just as good a chance that they are not.

Do their wives really have it? That would make sense of the kinky sexual actions needed to spread the disease. 8-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:54 pm

slomo007 wrote:Do their wives really have it? That would make sense of the kinky sexual actions needed to spread the disease. 8-o

Yes when this story originally broke they talked about the wives. This is what made Kevin Brown think they got it in Japan because the two families ate out together one night or something like that.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:55 pm

Amazinz wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Do their wives really have it? That would make sense of the kinky sexual actions needed to spread the disease. 8-o

Yes when this story originally broke they talked about the wives. This is what made Kevin Brown think they got it in Japan because the two families ate out together one night or something like that.

I see...verrry interesting. Thanks. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Super GM » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:

Ok, that comment was at the wrong place at the wrong time. It wasn't meant to be a yankee bashing comment. I also know that this intestinal parasite has nothing to do with the steroids he took or didn't take. It was just a statement in general.

Of course I don't want Giambi to die, I wouldn't wish anybody dead except maybe Osama bin Laden, but that's something totally different...... :-b

However, I did look up in the dictionary, what causes these parasites....

Intestinal parasites are parasites that populate the gastro-intestinal tract. In humans, they are often spread by poor hygiene related to feces, contact with animals, or poorly cooked food containing parasites.

They are larger than bacteria and viruses but usually so small that you cannot see them without a microscope. Three major groups of parasites include protozoans (organisms having only one cell), nematodes (roundworms), and cestodes (tapeworms). Of these, protozoans, including cryptosporidium, microsporidia, and isospora, are most common in HIV-infected persons. Each of these parasites can infect the digestive tract, and sometimes two or more can cause infection at the same time.

For more infos logg on to: Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pbeall100281 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:18 pm

pbeall1000281 wrote:

Amazinz wrote:Congratulations. You won $.02. High-dosage steroid use can lead to a weakened immune system which can lead to parasite infestation. And I guess this also explains why Kevin Brown has it? Their wives have it too so their immune systems were supressed due to high steroids dosage also, right?

We aren't hearing about Kevin Brown having a life-threatening situation or either of thier wives are we? Come on man you sound smart but you gotta think things through more before you blast me like that. What the issue is here is a probable steroid users' relatively serious situation compared to others who have been infected and are not potential steroid using suspects.
Last edited by pbeall100281 on Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WeaponsMasProduction » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 pm

actually giambis wife has it and brown doesnt. im sure this will bring a whole new round of jokes but in all seriousness it is pretty certain that they got it in japan. brown said thats the only time giambi his wife and brown ate together. and while deviant sexual practices certainly make a much better story i think its a pretty safe bet the got it eating in japan. also obviously japan is not a third world country so the poster mentioning immunities brings up an excellent point.
WeaponsMasProduction
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pbeall100281 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:33 pm

Just because Japan isn't a 3rd world country doens't mean it has a 0% contamination rate in it's restaurante or market food. I'm sure there are alot of places here in the US that you would eat at either.
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:03 pm

WeaponsMasProduction wrote:actually giambis wife has it and brown doesnt. im sure this will bring a whole new round of jokes but in all seriousness it is pretty certain that they got it in japan. brown said thats the only time giambi his wife and brown ate together. and while deviant sexual practices certainly make a much better story i think its a pretty safe bet the got it eating in japan. also obviously japan is not a third world country so the poster mentioning immunities brings up an excellent point.

Kevin Brown has it, his wife doesn't. Giambi has it and his wife does also. Went and looked the old articles up.

pbeall100281 wrote:We aren't hearing about Kevin Brown having a life-threatening situation or either of thier wives are we? Come on man you sound smart but you gotta think things through more before you blast me like that. What the issue is here is a probable steroid users' relatively serious situation compared to others who have been infected and are not potential steroid using suspects.

You're making assumptions. We just found out about Giambi how do you know that Brown's case isn't just as serious? He hasn't been able to make it back from his minor league rehab, has he?
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby pbeall100281 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:07 pm

Amazinz wrote:
pbeall100281 wrote:We aren't hearing about Kevin Brown having a life-threatening situation or either of thier wives are we? Come on man you sound smart but you gotta think things through more before you blast me like that. What the issue is here is a probable steroid users' relatively serious situation compared to others who have been infected and are not potential steroid using suspects.

You're making assumptions. We just found out about Giambi how do you know that Brown's case isn't just as serious? He hasn't been able to make it back from his minor league rehab, has he?

There are no reports of major problems with anyone affected by the parasites right? No assumptions just facts.

Kevin Brown Latest News

Jul. 25, 2004 - 9:23 pm et
" Kevin Brown allowed four runs -- two earned -- and fanned six in six innings today in a rehab start for Single-A Staten Island.
If he feels fine over the next couple of days, Brown should come off the DL and start Friday against the Orioles."

All I am saying is "What the issue is here is a probable steroid users' relatively serious condition compared to others who have been infected and are not potential steroid using suspects."

Come on man where is this going?
pbeall100281 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers