Robb Nen's 2005 12 team 5X5 roto draft value, if healthy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Robb Nen's 2005 12 team 5X5 roto draft value, if healthy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Robb Nen's 2005 12 team 5X5 roto draft value, if healthy?

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:57 am

Nen's value is a complete hypothetical at this point as Nen wont even give a straight answer as to if he is going to try and come back at all next year.

So with lots of speculation here, if the Giants dont trade for or acquire a closer with the following years or next year on said closers contract, and Nen enters spring training looking fairly good and declared fullly healthy next spring, with no more competition than the mediocre bullpen the giants have now.......................................,

At what round would you project or see Robb Nen going in 12 team standard 5X5 roto leagues?

I couldnt see him getting selected before the 15th round at the very earliest at this stage of his career compiled with his recent injury history. More realisticly I would see after the 20th round as a very late round shot in the dark pick.

Anyone else have thoughts on Robb Nen's potential future value if he doesnt retire and comes back declared helathy?
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sfgfan4life » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:00 am

I would guess one of the last five rounds or so, maybe even one of the last two or three. At least thats the earliest I would take him. You also have to remember that he might not end up with the Giants next year. He's a FA after this year.
sfgfan4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:21 am

I think he's thrown his last pitch (when he didn't come back to start the year I thought it was over for him after all that time off).

But to answer your question in the small likelihood he returns next year: 12-teams -- probably 25th round (or not at all) or $1 flyer in an auction.

He's got nothing left to prove in the game. He's got his title (Marlins) and had a nice run as one of the better closers in the game.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:33 am

I seriously doubt that he comes back, but if he does, a very late round pick. Typical 23 round draft, I'd say round 20 or later. A buck at an auction.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:38 am

Pretty much what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys ;-D .
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby reiser » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:44 am

Bukoski77 wrote:Pretty much what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys ;-D .

it's funny-Mesa and McDougal went in those last 2 rounds this year. the Mesa owner is pretty happy :)

i think Nen is done though.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:16 am

If Nen is actually pitching in Spring Training (when most drafts are done), and seems healthy. I agree with the consensus that he is a last 3 or 4 round pick. However, if he is just saying "I'll be back sometime during the season" then I don't think he is worth picking by anyone, in any league.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers