Varitek HURT! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Varitek HURT!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:03 pm

Because it was your fair weather fans who voted Jeter, Giambi & Matsui to the All-Star team when there were obviously better choices...

but your fair weather fans didnt vote for nomar? man you have some terrible points..........
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:00 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Umm there is a little flaw about if they're 8+games apart, its not a rivalary. By that logic, the Cubs-Cards arent a rivalary because the Cards are what, 10 games ahead now? Though give me the Cubs Cards rivalary any day over this Boston Red Sox Yankees thing. Your right, seems like every celebrity is either a fan of the Bo Sox or Yankees. Just like in NBA where its either the Knicks (you know, when they were good) or the Lakers.

I was gonna say something to that effect. Saying that you're sick of hearing about Yanks/Sox is understandable. Saying that it isn't a good rivalry is ignorant. For those who watch them, the games all have some excitement. For the record, I would put Yanks/Sox as 1A and Cards/Cubs as 1B.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yankees SUCK » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:41 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
Because it was your fair weather fans who voted Jeter, Giambi & Matsui to the All-Star team when there were obviously better choices...

but your fair weather fans didnt vote for nomar? man you have some terrible points..........

Name another one of my "horrible points"... This was one of my weaker ones but it was meant to just be a sarcastic remark/jab at Yankee fans. No offense. Every team has fair-weather fans, the Yankees just have more of them.

I think a lot of Red Sox fans are idiots. I hate those who boo Manny after a defensive mistake & then cheer him after he hits a home run the next inning.
Yankees SUCK
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:42 pm

Oh I have no problem with the rivalary, but I dont want to see it while my Cubs are playing on the same network at the same time. And I live in Kenosha Wisconsin which is a lot closer to Chicago then New York. At least the showed the Cubs game, instead of going to the New York Boston game half way through. Though the 15 minute updates were pretty irritating. Oh and the stupid Scooter thing is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:18 pm

Yankees SUCK wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:

Name another one of my "horrible points"... This was one of my weaker ones but it was meant to just be a sarcastic remark/jab at Yankee fans. No offense. Every team has fair-weather fans, the Yankees just have more of them.

I think a lot of Red Sox fans are idiots. I hate those who boo Manny after a defensive mistake & then cheer him after he hits a home run the next inning.

LOL. He found 1 so now you want him to find another 1. :-D

I will say this. There are more Yankee fans, by far, than any other team. Some of that is bandwagoners, some because they have been good for so long, and some because they're the Yankees. The bottom line is that there are more Yankee fans than for any other team. Since there are more fans, there are bound to be more idiots. Since it appears that you are a Red Sox fan, I would also assume that you would exaggerate that number as well. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Viper8437 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:01 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:It's overrated because it's totally chic and "in style" to be a Red Sox fan now (see Affleck, Ben). The Yankees are the exact same way (see Crystal, Billy and Nicholson, Jack).

and the mets have Seinfield, Jerry and Rock, Chris ;-D
i like those people better
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:13 pm

Viper8437 wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:It's overrated because it's totally chic and "in style" to be a Red Sox fan now (see Affleck, Ben). The Yankees are the exact same way (see Crystal, Billy and Nicholson, Jack).

and the mets have Seinfield, Jerry and Rock, Chris ;-D
i like those people better

And the Expos have..... :-o ....nevermind.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr.DooM » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:08 am

That's not right for Varitek to throw the first punch without taking off the mask. Maybe next time A-Rod should hold onto the bat as he takes first base. Seems only fair.
Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Dr.DooM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:54 am

The fact that there are more Yankee fans, as well as the fact that their owner has more disposable cash to toss around, has little to do with baseball and everything to do w/ demographics. The fact that the Yankees don't ALWAYS win, despite the demographic favor that has fallen on New York is why sports are fun. It certainly is easier to buy a team but there are no guarantees.

I am pretty sure that if (or perhaps when?) St. Louis and New York meet up, the Cards will destroy the Yankees. Their teams are similar but I don't see the Yankees matching the Cards' intensity. I'm sure Edmonds would have liked to have given Zambrano a few words on the way to first after he got plunked but he sucked it up and will be playing while Carlos gets a 'time out' and can go sulk. And Zambrano threw it a lot harder than Arroyo did.

Lofunzo wrote:
LOL. He found 1 so now you want him to find another 1. :-D

I will say this. There are more Yankee fans, by far, than any other team. Some of that is bandwagoners, some because they have been good for so long, and some because they're the Yankees. The bottom line is that there are more Yankee fans than for any other team. Since there are more fans, there are bound to be more idiots. Since it appears that you are a Red Sox fan, I would also assume that you would exaggerate that number as well. :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Rkiivs » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:32 am

thetongueofire wrote:
WeaponsMasProduction wrote:hes so tough he keeps his mask on when he gets in a fight.

that doesnt make sense to me. O:-)

what would you expect him yo do after ARod is standing right in his face and says "c'mon motherf---er"... ? say "oh wait, lemme take my mask off first just to be fair just so all the wonderful Yankee fans can be happy, and then i'll fight you."

It seems to me that this point above by tongue is nullified because Tek threw the first punch, so he had the option to decide to take off his mask or not. It seems to take only a fraction of a second to shed it when he dogs a foul ball behind the backstop.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers