Varitek HURT! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Varitek HURT!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Varitek HURT!

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:49 pm

Varitek was injuried yesterday during the fight. He hurt his hand! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I could have sworn that people were talking about him being tough, but yet he hurt himself from hitting someone. If you got him in your lineups make the pull.

GO YANKS!
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WeaponsMasProduction » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:51 pm

hes so tough he keeps his mask on when he gets in a fight.
WeaponsMasProduction
College Coach
College Coach

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:53 pm

WeaponsMasProduction wrote:hes so tough he keeps his mask on when he gets in a fight.

Overheard an argument today that maybe you guys could settle:

Was he being a wuss or smart because arod couldn't hit him in the face?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WeaponsMasProduction » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:56 pm

i think he was being a major wuss, of course im a yankee fan so what did you think i would say ;-) still i find it hard to view him as anything but a wuss for startign a fight with all his gear on.
WeaponsMasProduction
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:59 pm

WeaponsMasProduction wrote:hes so tough he keeps his mask on when he gets in a fight.

that doesnt make sense to me. O:-)

what would you expect him yo do after ARod is standing right in his face and says "c'mon motherf---er"... ? say "oh wait, lemme take my mask off first just to be fair just so all the wonderful Yankee fans can be happy, and then i'll fight you."
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:59 pm

Yeah, see, Arod should have been the gentleman, and after calling 'Tek out to fight, should have allowed Tek to take off his catchers equipment to make it fair.

Likewise, Tanyon Sturtze should have tapped Gabe Kapler on the shoulder to tell him he was going to try and choke him.

Jeez.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:47 pm

Its so overrated because of last year. Fox seems to think everyone in the frickin nation cares about these teams. The Cubs game on Saturday kept getting interrupted to tell me that the Yankees Red Sox game would start at 4:00 eastern because Joe Torre had thought the game was canceled sent his players to the showers. Ooh what a controversy! Big fricking deal your suppost to be showing me my teams game today, not a rain delay update for a game 1500 miles from me. While there is a lot of Yankee and Red Sox fans, there is also a lot of Cubs fans out there.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:55 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Its so overrated because of last year. Fox seems to think everyone in the frickin nation cares about these teams. The Cubs game on Saturday kept getting interrupted to tell me that the Yankees Red Sox game would start at 4:00 eastern because Joe Torre had thought the game was canceled sent his players to the showers. Ooh what a controversy! Big fricking deal your suppost to be showing me my teams game today, not a rain delay update for a game 1500 miles from me. While there is a lot of Yankee and Red Sox fans, there is also a lot of Cubs fans out there.

It's overrated because it's totally chic and "in style" to be a Red Sox fan now (see Affleck, Ben). The Yankees are the exact same way (see Crystal, Billy and Nicholson, Jack).

Gimme a good Dodgers/Giants pennant race any day of the week. Now THAT'S a rivalry, folks. Cubs/Cards? Same thing. Those are the magical rivalries of baseball. Not Yankees/Sox.

Yankees/Sox? Puh-leeze. When 8+ games seperate the 2 teams, it's not a rivalry. 99% of Yankees fans don't even give a sh*t about the Red Sox. Why should they? The Red Sox haven't finished higher than the Yankees in over half a decade. What? Because of a few brawls, it's now the greatest rivalry in all of sports?

I'll pass.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:00 pm

Umm there is a little flaw about if they're 8+games apart, its not a rivalary. By that logic, the Cubs-Cards arent a rivalary because the Cards are what, 10 games ahead now? Though give me the Cubs Cards rivalary any day over this Boston Red Sox Yankees thing. Your right, seems like every celebrity is either a fan of the Bo Sox or Yankees. Just like in NBA where its either the Knicks (you know, when they were good) or the Lakers.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:01 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:It's overrated because it's totally chic and "in style" to be a Red Sox fan now (see Affleck, Ben). The Yankees are the exact same way (see Crystal, Billy and Nicholson, Jack).

I'm not even a Yankee or Red Sox fan but since when is Billy Crystal chic and in style? From what I've heard, Billy has been a die-hard since he was a kid, that's why he made *61. And nobody cares if Ben Affleck is a Sox fan, nobody respects him anyway. Bad examples...
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers