Anyone have a pic of A-Rod putting Varitek in a headlock? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone have a pic of A-Rod putting Varitek in a headlock?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BobbyRoberto » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:44 am

A-Rod (weighs 210 lbs) started the whole thing by jawing at Arroyo (weighs 190 lbs) and is clearly saying "F*** You!" repeatedly. If he just walks to first, nothing happens. Varitek (230 lbs) stepped in because A-Rod outweighs Arroyo by 20 pounds and a catcher should protect his pitcher. A-Rod got the whole thing started, but when suspensions are handed out, Varitek should be suspended for the most games because he initiated the contact. A-Rod should also get a suspension, though. Sturtze is the biggest jerk in the whole scuffle and should get at least the same suspension as Varitek.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:11 am

BobbyRoberto wrote:A-Rod (weighs 210 lbs) started the whole thing by jawing at Arroyo (weighs 190 lbs) and is clearly saying "F*** You!" repeatedly. If he just walks to first, nothing happens. Varitek (230 lbs) stepped in because A-Rod outweighs Arroyo by 20 pounds and a catcher should protect his pitcher. A-Rod got the whole thing started, but when suspensions are handed out, Varitek should be suspended for the most games because he initiated the contact. A-Rod should also get a suspension, though. Sturtze is the biggest jerk in the whole scuffle and should get at least the same suspension as Varitek.

Are you serious?? Varitek stepped in because of the weight difference?? That is laughable. Weight had nothing to do with it. If it was Beck (when he was there) instead of Arroyo, are you really saying that Varitek would have just let them go at it??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby JRM4833 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:04 am

Lofunzo wrote:
BobbyRoberto wrote:A-Rod (weighs 210 lbs) started the whole thing by jawing at Arroyo (weighs 190 lbs) and is clearly saying "F*** You!" repeatedly. If he just walks to first, nothing happens. Varitek (230 lbs) stepped in because A-Rod outweighs Arroyo by 20 pounds and a catcher should protect his pitcher. A-Rod got the whole thing started, but when suspensions are handed out, Varitek should be suspended for the most games because he initiated the contact. A-Rod should also get a suspension, though. Sturtze is the biggest jerk in the whole scuffle and should get at least the same suspension as Varitek.

Are you serious?? Varitek stepped in because of the weight difference?? That is laughable. Weight had nothing to do with it. If it was Beck (when he was there) instead of Arroyo, are you really saying that Varitek would have just let them go at it??

I think he's focusing more on the fact that it is a catcher's job to protect his pitcher. Period. Doesnt matter who it is, pitchers, like quarterbacks are considered weaker than the rest of the team.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers