Giambi Update - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi Update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giambi Update

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:11 pm

NY Daily News wrote:Jason Giambi acknowledged that he might be headed to the disabled list because he can't seem to shake the perpetual fatigue that has plagued him since before he was diagnosed with an intestinal parasite.

Giambi did not play yesterday - though he did charge onto the field in the third-inning brawl to try to help restore order - and admitted that, "It's just not getting any better."

"It's been a roller coaster ride," Giambi said. "One day, I think I'm feeling better, then it's not going anywhere."

GM Brian Cashman said the Yanks have received 80% of Giambi's test results (all were negative), but will re-evaluate his status after receiving the other 20% tomorrow or Tuesday. He did say that he believes Giambi is "parasite-free," meaning the antibiotics have eradicated the bug from Giambi's body.

Cashman said he was not looking at potential trades for a first baseman because he is convinced Giambi will be healthy again soon.


So much for his "clean bill of health"
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby Spiegs1106 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:59 pm

damn it. Is he worth droping for Morneau in a keeper league?
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1217
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts/Ohio


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds, Pogotheostrich, TheTrith and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact