My Strategy Is really Working...HEre it is... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Strategy Is really Working...HEre it is...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Strategy Is really Working...HEre it is...

Postby crip » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:51 am

Well, after struggling most of the year with very frustrating pitching performances, I tried to analyze why. Well, guess what? I finally figured it out.....

I had way too many American League pitchers...So what I did is go on a waiver wire/trading spree and now have acquired mainly national league pitchers...

I jettisoned Loiaza, Colon, Piniero, Zito, and Schilling...and replaced them with Peavy, Pavano, Lima, Wilson Alvarez and Oswalt

Guess what? My pitching stats are much better now and it all makes perfect sense...With the DH in the American League it adds another big bat for these guys to face, whereas the national league pitchers only have to really pitch to 8 guys...

From now on I will only go with National league pitching unless it is just a superstud like Mulder

I mean think about this...When Schilling was in the National league the guy NEVER got bombed...now it is happening to him with some regularity...There just is not as much scoring in the NAtional league.....Period

It worked for me...it might work for you
Timmy!!!
crip
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:56 am

So why don't you just pick up AL hitters too? hunh? hunh?

More offence in the AL.

Sorry, sounds good but it doesn't work.

You would be better off focusing on the ballparks rather than the leagues.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Re: My Strategy Is really Working...HEre it is...

Postby funatic » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:04 am

crip wrote:Well, after struggling most of the year with very frustrating pitching performances, I tried to analyze why. Well, guess what? I finally figured it out.....

I had way too many American League pitchers...So what I did is go on a waiver wire/trading spree and now have acquired mainly national league pitchers...

I jettisoned Loiaza, Colon, Piniero, Zito, and Schilling...and replaced them with Peavy, Pavano, Lima, Wilson Alvarez and Oswalt

Guess what? My pitching stats are much better now and it all makes perfect sense...With the DH in the American League it adds another big bat for these guys to face, whereas the national league pitchers only have to really pitch to 8 guys...

From now on I will only go with National league pitching unless it is just a superstud like Mulder

I mean think about this...When Schilling was in the National league the guy NEVER got bombed...now it is happening to him with some regularity...There just is not as much scoring in the NAtional league.....Period

It worked for me...it might work for you

Loaiza, Colon, Pineiro and Zito were all in the AL last year, and all had good years to warrant places in fantasy lineups. This year, the four of them are awful, not becaused they are facing a DH, but just because... I don't know why, everyone has their theory...

As for the other 5 NL pitchers you mentioned, I would take the AL 5 over them for last year. It is not that they weren't getting an extra K per 9 batters last year, it's just that they are having a better year than the AL 5 you mentioned.(I'd still take Schilling)
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:57 am

This theory works when the players are close in value, not schilling and Lima. It also works with hitters
Big Blue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:26 am

Dear god, this is just stupid. Once a week some dimwit comes up with some lame idea, which SOMEHOW worked in the short-term, and then thinks he's brilliant.

Yes, in general the NL has lower ERA's. But guess what? There are better stats available to analyze how a players ERA is going to effect your teams. Oh I know... that PLAYERS actual ERA. Who cares what league a player is in? If he's posting a 3.5 ERA, he's posting a 3.5 ERA. And beyond that, you're looking at one (two if you include WHIP) aspect of pitching. This won't help your wins/saves/losses/K's in the least, really.

Most poorly thought out idea of the week. :-t
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers