Somebody notice me: I'm hitting MLB-best .384 past 2 months! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Somebody notice me: I'm hitting MLB-best .384 past 2 months!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:37 pm

biju wrote:When I first saw the title I thought it could be Randy Winn, but he has only caught fire the past few weeks and obviously didn't come from the NL West.

Then I thought it *could* be Jobert Cabrera who came from the Dodgers, but he's not a regular and certainly isn't hitting that good.

That leaves the guy who came from San Diego: Mark Kotsay!

I honestly didn't notice his numbers being that good over the past two months. Nice find. ;-D

TheAbreu and you are correct. MARK KOTSAY.

When you're in a 16-team league and you drafted Klesko, Kearns, Cattalanatto, Cameron, JD Drew (my healthiest OF) as your main OF's, you have to closely look at stats. I've had him since June 6th as a starter (hitting like .360 during that time). Him and Lew Ford have been saviors for me.

Cubsfan: Sportsline has a very nice sortable stat feature where you can get any stats you wish from any DATE RANGE (i.e. 5/24 to 6/24 in this case)....pretty nice feature. One of the main reasons I vouch highly to use the Sportsline Commissioner product. Each owner in our league pay $8 to play all year with everything included.

Rirruto: Kotsay has 2 today...giving him 7. He's hit all 7 during the past 2 months. *edit* Looks like the other guys already stated this fact.
Last edited by Registered_Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheAbreu » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:39 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:
biju wrote:When I first saw the title I thought it could be Randy Winn, but he has only caught fire the past few weeks and obviously didn't come from the NL West.

Then I thought it *could* be Jobert Cabrera who came from the Dodgers, but he's not a regular and certainly isn't hitting that good.

That leaves the guy who came from San Diego: Mark Kotsay!

I honestly didn't notice his numbers being that good over the past two months. Nice find. ;-D

TheAbreu and you are correct. MARK KOTSAY.

When you're in a 16-team league and you drafted Klesko, Kearns, Cattalanatto, Cameron, JD Drew (my healthiest OF) as your main OF's, you have to closely look at stats. I've had him since June 6th as a starter (hitting like .360 during that time). Him and Lew Ford have been saviors for me.

Cubsfan: Sportsline has a very nice sortable stat feature where you can get any stats you wish from any DATE RANGE (i.e. 5/24 to 6/24 in this case)....pretty nice feature. One of the main reasons I vouch highly to use the Sportsline Commissioner product. Each owner in our league pay $8 to play all year with everything included.

Rirruto: Kotsay has 2 today...giving him 7. He's hit all 7 during the past 2 months.

Guest, would you suggest him over Larry Walker for next week? I want a hot guy for my h2h next week. Walker is at Colorado for all 7 games
TheAbreu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:44 pm

I'd start Walker in Coors for 7 over him.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LCBOY » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:48 pm

Never mind... }:-)
Last edited by LCBOY on Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rohan » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:51 pm

Rios
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reiser » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:13 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:Cubsfan: Sportsline has a very nice sortable stat feature where you can get any stats you wish from any DATE RANGE (i.e. 5/24 to 6/24 in this case)....pretty nice feature.

i'm on sportsline and i've never seen this-where on earth is it?
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:19 am

reiser wrote:
Registered_Guest wrote:Cubsfan: Sportsline has a very nice sortable stat feature where you can get any stats you wish from any DATE RANGE (i.e. 5/24 to 6/24 in this case)....pretty nice feature.

i'm on sportsline and i've never seen this-where on earth is it?

I believe it's available only with Sportsline Commissioner baseball (unsure if it is available with Sportsline's basic baseball leagues), but here's how you find it:

1- Highlight the STATS tab
2- click SORTABLE STATS,
3- look down at the CUSTOM REPORT box,
4- to specify date ranges you look at the TIMEFRAME box and select 'SELECT DATES' and you just insert your own timeframe for any stats you like, for any fantasy team/free agents or any fantasy players.

Hope my directions aren't too confusing. ;-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Somebody notice me: I'm hitting MLB-best .384 past 2 months!

Postby funatic » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:35 am

Registered_Guest wrote:I'll have some fun and let people guess.

He's only owned in 34% of Sportsline leagues and plays in the AL West after playing in the NL West *edit* LAST year. As noted in thread title leads all MLB regulars in BA over the last 2 months.

His stats over the last 2 months: .384 7 HR 26 RBI 33 runs

Who am I?? ;-D

Does David Newhan not count as an MLB regular? He has been a regular, and should be from now on with a .413 BA!
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Registered_Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:47 am

Yes Newhan has been impressive, but the O's only signed him to a contract on June 18th...so he hasn't been playing since May 24th (2 months ago).
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reiser » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:31 am

Registered_Guest wrote:I believe it's available only with Sportsline Commissioner baseball (unsure if it is available with Sportsline's basic baseball leagues), but here's how you find it:

1- Highlight the STATS tab
2- click SORTABLE STATS,
3- look down at the CUSTOM REPORT box,
4- to specify date ranges you look at the TIMEFRAME box and select 'SELECT DATES' and you just insert your own timeframe for any stats you like, for any fantasy team/free agents or any fantasy players.

Hope my directions aren't too confusing. ;-D

no i found it-i went back and looked after I read this, and sure enough, scroll all the way down in timeframe and there it is.

thanks for the tip. I have been using Sportsline a couple of years now and never noticed it, lol.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers